People asking for more pictures

SOLVED
Community Helper
when people ask for more pictures, a lot of the time it’s a scammer is trying to get your phone number or email address outside OfferUp, what I do is tell the person if they need more pictures what do they need to see,
Then I delete and add the pictures they want to see, again 9 time out of 10 times they never get back to me, probably a scammer looking for my information again
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OfferUp employee

Yes, again please be very careful when giving people your personal information such as email addresses or phone numbers, and keep all communication through the app. I know the team is coming up with exciting features for photos to help with this so stay tuned. Smiley Happy

16 REPLIES 16
OfferUp employee

Yes, again please be very careful when giving people your personal information such as email addresses or phone numbers, and keep all communication through the app. I know the team is coming up with exciting features for photos to help with this so stay tuned. Smiley Happy

Community Helper
Can’t wait to see what the team come up with Elin
Level 9
I do the same thing. And besides avoiding giving out personal info, I've found that serious buyers appreciate the effort.
Im sure if elin has anything to do with it.. It will be good
Highlighted
Level 4

Yep,I have deleted and put different pics up, never to hear from the " interested buyer" again,hopefully we can post way more pictures than what is limited now......Smiley Happy Hint Hint....

Community Helper
Hi @kknip03 yes I have answered one other members question in his thread about him seeing posts on OfferUp with more than the regular 5 pictures, Yes I’m also testing new features that will address these issue in the future, stay tuned.
Level 1
If you can, I most definitely recommend using an app that lets you have multiple numbers that you can dispose of once you’re done after each transaction, and to get pictures sent without worrying they’ll use your number for something else.

I haven’t had any issues with giving my number out ever, but it depends on each personal scenario, you know?
What's the name of the app
Level 5
I do post more pictures and describe the product as if I was writing a book. And they still ask stupid questions.