People flaking even for free items.

Level 4
Anyone else have this happen? You try to give something for free and they flake. SMH
7 REPLIES 7
Community Helper
People'll flake and give an excuse as to why they cant make it. Its happened to me several times in the past few months.
Community Helper
Welcome to the Community
@Greg1979
Some users just need to brush up on their communication skills and use plain ol common courtesy. It only takes a few moments to notify a buyer/seller if something comes up and reschedule if possible. Appreciate the feedback. Ciao´ for now...
Level 1
Honestly, I think it's a game. If you say you need pickup of a free item by 6 pm, then at 6:07 you get a plea to come get it. The payoff is how long they can extend the time. The other game is how many emails it takes to get an address. I hit my limit on the game playing this weekend. These folks aren't flakes they're losers.
Highlighted
Level 3
I don’t post free items anymore. The amount of messages and choosy beggars took up too much time. It took way too long last time to actually get a person to show up. Now I always post a price even if it’s nominal or I just donate.
Some "buyers" get a giggle out of flaking on other people. I've even known a few who were actually in the parking lot, sitting there just to giggle while watching me looking around like a moron. (As to how I know they were there - they wrote "Ha ha sucker - youre stupid" just before they pulled out of a parking space & waving at me....lol)
Level 4
Really? This is a thing? Yet another reason I often weep for the future of humanity!
Level 4
I might have to do this. Lol. It's gotten ridiculous