People that do not respond when selling

SOLVED
Level 9

Hello @Rmac1,

Welcome to the forums. Thanks for sharing.

What brings you to OfferUp? The selling or buying? 

OfferUp employee

I mean, I totally hear you. Sometimes that's just the nature of it. We are definitely open to ideas though to help with this. 

Level 1

, I can't get no answer
OfferUp employee

@Bar1bara What type of items are you selling, or buying? Do you feel this ghosting happens with specific items?

me too. a lot of flakes/no-shows/people supposedly interested in everything you list. pssshhh...i have things to do!

Level 1
I say block them out and be done with it ..Dont have all day to play games !
Level 1
My personal is that i don’t respond because I mitgh be in the Doctors appointment wish it happeneds and when I respond as soon as I can i don’t get an answer anymore 😬🤔🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️but i do respond back and it happened to me i asked for an item and never got a txt back ☹️☹️ and I understand we’re all busy 😄God bless everyone
Level 9

Hey @Bar1bara,

Welcome to the forums. I appreciate you sharing. 

There is no excuse for buyers/sellers not to respond it is rude and inconsiderate behavior. With that said, it happens so the question is how will you deal with the nonresponders?

While you can’t always control what happens to you, you can control how you respond to it.

I suggest you just move on to the next deaI.  I end with: Thank you for visiting my page. Then I move on. It is as simple as that.

Bottom line make a plan on what you will do and say the next time you encounter a nonresponder.

Level 9

Hello @freezygurl,

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing.

Level 9

Hey @tickmann,

See, that is what I am talking about... you have a plan and you are working your plan! Excllent!

However, blocking everyone may not always be the best solution for your business. You do you and I respect that but I have a story to tell you. Smiley Happy

Once upon a time, not to long ago I had an excited, interested customer that ghosted, just stopped responding after placing a $60 order.

So, I used my typical plan… I typed:

Thank you for visiting my page. Have a fantastic day.

About ten days later I received a message from this non-responding person apologizing for not getting back to me. He had underwent emergency surgery and was unable to respond to me.

He thanked me for my kindness. He is now a repeat customer.

The moral of my story:

Blocking all non-responders is not always the best solution for everyone. However,  I understand if you need to block for a that peace of mind.