People that do not respond when selling

SOLVED

I haven't had anybody respond. Maybe offerup should have a way of texting those people, or something. They're probably not seeing emails. 

Woud it be possible to create an SMS notification system? I'm guessing that it would make things more costly. If push notifications aren't going through, then it might make sense though. I just don't see the point in making an offer when I can't find out if the item is even available.  I haven't received one reply to a question yet. 

What solution? I click go to solution, but there's no solution. 

Level 1
I do get frustrated when I find something I want only to see it was posted 1 year ago. Sometimes maybe they just give up on selling and still have other times maybe they got rid of the app or moved or sold it and never marked it... There should be some kind of method to clear these out if no response so many times.

I also think it would be great to rate buyers/sellers even if you don’t complete a transaction. I’ve come across people that responded quickly met up and maybe it just didn’t end up in a sale but was still a great experience. Or the person who no shows multiple times. Or what if there is some creep sketch person you could flag a little meet in public kind of thing (even though that’s generally what you should do). Just ideas
Level 3

I have read that there is a solution to this problem. There had been no solution posted. If the people don't sell they should be asked to leave OfferUp. It is that simple, also people that makes an offer and do not respond when you accept that offer, or that no show. Is it a legal binding contract, that when someone makes an offer and it's accepted. It seems that it would be.  Just to many shady a** people on here. But how do you go about removing or preventing them to begin with?

Community Helper
@robertron--Hello & welcome!! It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with your account. You can reach out to customer service & they can see directly into you account & further assist you:

https://offerup.com/support/new
Community Helper
@robertron--@cyclomatic offered a solution that was accepted. If you go to the very beginning of this forum discussion, page 1, it shows the solution that was accepted for this topic. I hope this helps!!
Level 3
I hate when someone posts an ad and I respond 1 min after they post asking if it's still available and I see they read the message but dont respond. Then hour or 2 go by and then I see they sold it. WTF?? If your being picky about who you give item too then have the **bleep** decency to at least respond to my message telling me your giving it to someone already. I hate that.
Level 1

Don't use offerup anymore.  Too many flakes and no responses.  Waste of time.

Community Helper
@Hatethieves did you use any of the prewritten out responses? Many sellers dont like it when buyers use those and prefer that buyers send thought out messages.