Please help... I got ripped off :(

SOLVED
Level 1
I bought a bed set last week for $325 (my biggest purchase on offer up to date) and they neglected to given me the support rail to hold the box springs in the frame... rendering it basically useless. I kept asking her for it and she kept giving me excuses and now she won’t answer at all. I also texted her husband (I know it’s not recommended but I’m kinda desperate) and they haven’t responded to anything in a few days now. Honestly it kinda breaks my heart that people would just be so low.... is there anything I can do?? (I know, I should have been more thorough and paid through the app... lesson learned there!!)
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Welcome to our community, @Nmsquared, I'm sorry to hear about this.

You will definitely want to report this user, or reach out to Customer Care. They will be able to assist with any next steps.

50 REPLIES 50
Level 1

Tags (1)
Community Manager

Welcome to our community, @Nmsquared, I'm sorry to hear about this.

You will definitely want to report this user, or reach out to Customer Care. They will be able to assist with any next steps.

I am not sure what your location is to me but it just so happens I have some slat boards that you need just laying around I am sorry to hear about your experience and as I buy and sell as a way to make a living I rely on the trust of the public and my customers without it I have nothing so please don't think that all seller's are this way I hope I am able to help if so just let me know and remember... Things always turn out best for the ones who make the best for the way things turn out.
This is sally chambers i have not recieved payment for my two items that were sold and do i put them back on the market .
Level 1
Did you meet them in person and are they in possession of the items?

You never click that something’s sold until you receive payment from the person. If they don’t have the items in their possession, re post the items
Level 3
Just remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Don't give up trying to contact the seller. Blow up their phones if you have too ! They'll get tired of it and eventually get in touch. If they don't, call & tell them you're returning the item & want all your money back. That ought to get their attention !
Level 9

Let me be the first to welcome you to The Forum if you look around you'll find a lot of good information and useful tips that can help you become an offer a pro. In answer to your question never mark an item sold unless you have cash or payment in hand a lot of buyers will agree to purchase an item and then fail to follow through for one reason or another it's honestly one of the biggest complaints I hear on the The Forum. That being said I always recommend a first-come-first-serve policy so whoever shows up first with cash in hand gets the item. I would definitely repost them if you've already taken them down and hopefully you'll have a quick and smooth sale.

Highlighted
Level 9

@Nmsquared 

Welcome to The Forum let me first say I'm really sorry to hear this happened to you as one of our community managers has recommended your best course of action would be to contact the customer care team and see if they can work with the seller to come to a good resolution another thing you may want to consider is if it's the cross slacks that are missing 1 by 4 that can be purchased relatively inexpensively at most major hardware stores and cut to size at the store can make a good substitution and have your bed function in like new haven't bought any in a few weeks but as I seem to remember the price is normally around $2.50 each I know it's not a perfect solution but at least it would make the bed usable

Level 1
Thank you so much! I have done a fair amount of buying and selling on offer up and this was the first really negative experience I have had... but I know there’s tons of great people like you! Smiley Happy