'Price Negotiable'

SOLVED
Level 3
Can some kind of reporting be made for sellers that offer their items for free, then state 'Price Negotiable' in their item descriptions?!

The amount of 'Price Negotiable' I see, with no suggested asking price is ridiculous.

Interested buyers do not want to play the guessing game as to what sellers are expecting to get for an item, nor do we want to go back and forth haggling offers.
Put your asking price, and if you don't want to negotiate, mark 'Price Firm'. It's that simple.

Also, when negotiating, most respectful and sensible buyers will ask between 10% to 20% off an item. If you're unwilling to take more than 5% off your asking price, don't even bother to negotiate.
Buyers asking for 50% or higher off on items, you're impractical and rude.
There should also be some kind of reporting implemented for members who make obnoxious lowball offers.

If you believe an item is marked too high to begin with, don't even bother harassing the seller about it. Move on.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
You can report them, but I doubt it solves the issue.

Does the ad title say free or 0 as an amount?

I personally use 0 on one of my ads, but it's a service with many possible negotiation variantions.

If it's a regular item, don't give them the time of day — I'm sure they will eventually learn to put an actual price tag n whatever it is.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 3
I agree. I do not like when sellers list items with no asking price, and when I make an offer I believe to be reasonable they respond with snarky comments. I always remind them they left the price negotiable. If a seller has an ideal price in mind they should just ask for it.
Level 1
I mark my items “price firm” yet they still try to offer a price. At the end of the day, I shrug and wait for the next person.
Level 9
You can report them, but I doubt it solves the issue.

Does the ad title say free or 0 as an amount?

I personally use 0 on one of my ads, but it's a service with many possible negotiation variantions.

If it's a regular item, don't give them the time of day — I'm sure they will eventually learn to put an actual price tag n whatever it is.

View solution in original post

Level 1
Please have the definition of negotiate because so many people don't know how and on top of everything ask if the seller "can deliever" if you want a delivery please purchase from a store at full price that will delivers!
Level 1
At the top of page shipping is offered so no need to get smart about a buyer wanting item shipped.