Problem accessing the Community Forum from my phone!!

SOLVED
Community Helper

I've been having a problem the past 3 days getting into the Community Forum section on my phone. When I click on it, I get:

"An error has occurred. If the error persists, please wait a while before trying again".

This has been going on for about 3 days or so. I've tried closing all apps, restarting the phone; no change. I'm not having problems accessing home, messages, post or other member profiles.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue?

@Hotrod, your usualy up on much of these types of glitches; any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Thanks for the updates, guys! We've got a couple teams looking into this right now and I'll be sure to update you guys the second we have a resolution Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the tip, @Lapua! You're correct - you should be able to access the forums via desktop/browser sessions if you're having troubles accessing through the app Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

86 REPLIES 86
Community Helper

@0317 That's right, no problem with my Mac or PC either. I didn't think it was a big deal at first because I've been on the Mac so much lately, it didn't matter. I suppose we need to alert the team and get them on it.

Community Helper
Hi @cyclomatic @0317
I’m not having this issue, so I’ve notified @Elin and will tag @Mj_206 as well, did you contact customer care yet?
Community Manager

Oh no!! Elin and I will be sure to look into this today... stay tuned Smiley Frustrated

PS: to those having issues - lemme know if you're android of iOS

Community Manager

@0317 each Help Center article we have will route you to either an OfferUp Advocate, Expert or the Customer Care team or even our Payments team, depending on which article you clicked through. This is to get you in touch with the experts in that category Smiley Happy

Community Helper
Hi @0317 you can also search customer support from the help page, and also contact them through Facebook or Twitter.
Community Manager

See, @0317, the way we have it now is designed to empower our community members to answer their own questions. Nobody likes waiting for responses, so instead of opening a ticket right away, most questions can be answered by a simple search in the Help Center. 

When you need to find a specific article, search for a keyword. Like I said, your inquiry will be routed to the agent best trained in that area. Not everybody is trained on the Payments feature, so if you open an article based on Payments and you click "Contact Us" on that article, it will route you to our Payments team. Same thing with articles on Shipping articles, or basic How-To questions will route to our community Experts (You'll see an "Ask an Expert" button on those articles)

Community Helper

@Mj_206 wrote:

Oh no!! Elin and I will be sure to look into this today... stay tuned Smiley Frustrated

PS: to those having issues - lemme know if you're android of iOS

Wow, stepped away for a bite and kaboom!! Haha...

@Hotrod I didn't report to the team just yet.

@Mj_206 I'm using a Samsung S7 Edge. 

Community Helper
Lol @cyclomatic I was just going to tag you in on the conversations but I see you’ve seen the conversations.
Level 9

@cyclomatic @0317....just make contact with Will @willshelor, as he is on OU's Android Dev team.