Problem accessing the Community Forum from my phone!!

SOLVED
Community Helper
Hey @goblin are you having issues signing into the forum from your app.? I had that issue a few days ago if so check out Mj_206 thread below. 😎🇬🇧🔚

Edit; @Mj_206 started a thread topic; Community Forum Errors - Update!

Saying;

Hi OfferUp Community!

It seems like quite a few of us have had some difficulties logging into the forums the past couple days. I'm still investigating this, but it seems that if you clear your cache, you should be able to log into these forums! Feel free to pass the word on that clearing your cache will allow you to access these forums again.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!
Community Manager

I'm digging into this now.  We fixed it a few months ago but it looks like the problem came back.  Thanks for letting me know @goblin!

Level 9
Yep Hotrod via the app

What I have tried ao far is;
Clear cache / data
Log out and back in
Reinstall

Alright willshelor
Community Manager

Once I cleared all cache, I was able to get back into the forums again!

Community Helper
@goblin I reported the issue through my iOS testing app also emailed the developer I sent a screenshot of the error message. I’m back up and running again on my iPhone. It cut me off right in the middle of a conversation trying to help a member in my PMs.
I guessed you were on android when you tagged willshelor maybe its a different fix for android.? Hang in there! 😎🇬🇧🔚
Community Manager
Thanks for keeping us updated, @Hotrod!
Community Helper
@Jones68 just tagging you into this other thread for you to review may help you with your question. 😎🇬🇧🔚
Level 9
@Hotrod I can signin to the forums just fine. It’s replying that we are having problems. I used to click Reply and I could reply. Now it’s only giving me a webpage that’s has only one thing on it. I am not a robot. You click it and nothing happens. But if I click Quick Reply then it lets me do that. I never had this happen before. It seems this is happening to goblin too.
Level 9
@Hotrod thank you for tagging me in.
Level 9
I know this says SOLVED. Don’t know why but it’s not. I have been to hundreds of websites and tried hundreds of ways to fix it. None of it works so far. Most of the websites have said its on the server side and only OfferUp can change the rules that were set for there servers. If this is so then nothing we do on our end will fix it. My grandkids are coming. Must get ready for them. Thank you to everyone who have answered and replied. We will keep trying. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.