Problems with blocking a user

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1
I'm trying to block a user and I'm having a really difficult time. I follow all the instructions and tapping on the flag, give my reason why I want to report the person and then when it ask if I want to block them I press yes. Each time I do this a screen pops up with "try again". I do so over and over to no avail. I don't want to have communication with this user and have been trying to block him since yesterday. Any suggestions on how I can reach the helpdesk directly would be very much appreciated. Thanks Community. Cassandra
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Gadima 

You can try this : 
https://offerup.com/support/new/

There is an option to select a "technical issue".

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12

@Gadima 

You can try this : 
https://offerup.com/support/new/

There is an option to select a "technical issue".

Tags (1)
Level 1
Thanks so much. I'm trying to do that and the screen just circles and circles. Does OfferUp even have a support desk with live people? I can understand if they don't since it's a free app but I'd really like to get this person blocked.
Level 1
I have the same problem
Community Helper
Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. That seems to be working to fix the issue.
Level 1
Okay I can do that I just don't want to lose everything. Will everything remain the same? When I reinstall?
Community Helper
Everything will remain the same if you log back in with the same user account.
Level 1
I tried and it worked for an hour then it went back
Level 4

Uninstalling then re-installing the app fixes the problem for one block. If you want to block anybody else you'll have to uninstal and re-install again. I contacted techical support about this issue last week and they said they're aware of the problem for some users and are working to correct it.

For those experiencing "blocking" issues, try logging into your account from the website...offerup.com (not the app), and check to see if it works.