---Product Recalls 🚫

SOLVED
Community Helper
---Noticed, recently while browsing the FREE category... someone had posted, and Sold an item that was a "recalled children's product--- 😬

So many aspects of safety in regards to numerous recycled children's items.
How can a seller post an item that is a safety recall product and not disclose this vital information to potential buyers with a clear conscience? πŸ˜•

Is it their responsibility or the buyers, to be consumer aware or beware?
Surely, there has to be a way to monitor these recycled recalls...
What do you think fellow OfferUppers?
Appreciate your feedback! πŸ‘

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@KSARASARA yes I’ve seen that also, If I had the authority to remove these posts,
I definitely would, all we can do as OfferUp members is report this to OfferUp so they can take the appropriate action. I think it’s the sellers also the buyers responsibility to do there do diligence to find out what they are selling and buying is safe especially if it involves children items.
5 REPLIES 5
Community Helper
@KSARASARA yes I’ve seen that also, If I had the authority to remove these posts,
I definitely would, all we can do as OfferUp members is report this to OfferUp so they can take the appropriate action. I think it’s the sellers also the buyers responsibility to do there do diligence to find out what they are selling and buying is safe especially if it involves children items.
Community Manager

Hey @KSARASARA! Yeah, recalled items are actually a part of our prohibited items! Sometimes, the seller might not know the item was recalled, so I give them a heads up. Most recalled items can be returned for money back, so it seems silly to me to try to post it on OfferUp!

Community Helper
---GTK--- 😊
-@Mj_206-
-@Hotrod-
Tyvm!
Highlighted
Level 1
Great Info!!
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Jackie19Smiley Very Happy