Question Why Are There So many Scammers

SOLVED
Level 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 1
Scammers are People who Post Fake Item That look Good With Great Pictures,Plus They Will Bug You Try To Convince you That It's A Great Item
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 9
Define scammers please?

I only ask because many misinterpret scams for negative transactions upon meet up or common bad business practices (such as robbery or people cursing at you and upping price)

I've only come across one myself who asked for my e-mail to send a cheque.

Beyond that nothing.

Block / Report if anything.
Level 1
Scammers are People who Post Fake Item That look Good With Great Pictures,Plus They Will Bug You Try To Convince you That It's A Great Item
Tags (1)
Community Helper
Hi @Leifpell you get them on a lot of apps these days, yes there’s always people trying to ripoff honest people it really sad but it’s definitely getting worse, one being letgo, you will also get people trying to get your personal information like phone number or email address, be sure not to do so. I just say I’m sorry but I only message through the OfferUp messaging system, I know the OfferUp team is always working hard to stop this kind of behavior in the future. always report people doing anything against OfferUp guidelines, doing so keep everyone safer and cuts down on scammers - trolls - no shows - flakes and spam.
Level 1
Scammers are People that post
a Picture of an item For Sale ,So when You Ask the Seller Question's About What is the model # So I Look that Model # up on Google And It A Completely Different Story that was on the Post