Rate issue

SOLVED
Ak-
Level 1
Hello friends,

I have an issue with my rating. I have never sold an item on OfferUp, and have only bought one item a while back in which the transaction was friendly and smooth without drama.
A little confused on why I have a 2/5?
The two items I have for sale right now are the first ones I’ve ever posted. Am I missing something?

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
Yes the seller is able to rate the buyer. Both seller and buyer are able to rate each other. I think seller rates buyer and then the buyer can rate the seller. Then it gets posted on both profiles.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Helper
The other person probably misrated you or purposefully did that. The only person that would know would be the other person in the transaction.
Ak-
Level 1
I see, so the seller is able to rate the buyer? I thought it was the other way around only.
It was an older man who wasn’t tech savvy whatsoever so guessing it was a mistake. Thanks for the reply.
Community Helper
Yes the seller is able to rate the buyer. Both seller and buyer are able to rate each other. I think seller rates buyer and then the buyer can rate the seller. Then it gets posted on both profiles.
Community Helper
Welcome to the OU Community forum @Ak-
GLTU! 👍😉
L11
Level 7
@Ak-
I too wondered why my rating wasn't better from 3 different sales where all went well. I'm still very new at all of this but am learning. It's great to see you reach out with this topic. Welcome!!!! I think what was stated earlier about it could have been done on purpose has some real truth to it. Maybe not in your case, but I've since realized one of my buyers is extremely competitive. This seems to happen sometimes as there are some very competitive folks. Ratings & reputation is important here. I think some may rate you lower so they can keep themselves looking good...just stay honest and true to yourself & stay active in the "Commune". Lots of neat peeps and some not so...but regardless I'm glad your here and asking good question. ✌ L11