Refund on a shipping order

SOLVED
Level 1
Hello so I ordered an item over a week ago. Sent the money through offer up and then the person I bought it from stopped responding and then deleted her account. It won’t let me pull up the receipt so I can file for buyer protection. My question is will I still get a refund?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 4
Hello. Ask staff for help. They should have a record of the purchase. Though the correspondences with her are gone, you should have received an email containing info, including the attached shipping label. Use whatever info is in there to assist you in them tracking the order and issuing your refund. She hasn't received any money since she didn't ship. OfferUp uses escrow, so they are holding the money. They wait till the buyer confirms receipts or 3 days have passed since delivery confirmation. This protects the buyer.... So they've got you covered. Not to worry. 😀 You can purchase through OfferUp with confidence. Happy shopping!
26 REPLIES 26
Level 1
How did you pay
Highlighted
Level 4
Hello. Ask staff for help. They should have a record of the purchase. Though the correspondences with her are gone, you should have received an email containing info, including the attached shipping label. Use whatever info is in there to assist you in them tracking the order and issuing your refund. She hasn't received any money since she didn't ship. OfferUp uses escrow, so they are holding the money. They wait till the buyer confirms receipts or 3 days have passed since delivery confirmation. This protects the buyer.... So they've got you covered. Not to worry. 😀 You can purchase through OfferUp with confidence. Happy shopping!
Level 9
@Morganbyrns

Open a claim now so they are aware of a potential scam.

You can also contact support so they can look into their account.

https://offerup.com/support/new/

All the info is logged.

@ENCHANTMENTS

"How did you pay"

"Sent the money through offer up"
Level 1
Through offer up
Level 1
I found an email from the seller but only saying it was canceled. When I go to payments and receipts nothing shows up. It says after the item is canceled it was take 3-5 business days to go into my account so I’m hoping that happens.
Level 9
Ah I see, okay.

Yes you will get a refund, unfortunately it will take some time.

This based on other users' experiences using the shipping feature.

Yep, file a claim and explain the situation if the funds don't go through after a couple days.

But do let support know now so they can give you advice on how to proceed.
Level 4
Since the seller cancelled, then the funds are supposed to go back to your account without you doing anything since OfferUp's system knows it's supposed to do something with the funds and will do what it's supposed to according to the outcome (cancelled).
Community Manager

@SherylR is 100% correct! Thanks for the help Smiley Wink

Yes, if a seller doesn't ship the item, the transaction will automatically be cancelled and you will be refunded. It may take some time, but you'll get the money back. Definitely reach out to support if you're concerned @Morganbyrns Smiley Happy

Send an update here once you get refunded. I might have a potential case since I just bought something through shipping but the seller seems sus.