Refund

Level 1
Hello I'm new here to offer up... ok so I need help.. I mailed 2 pair of shoes and they recieved them today.. and messaged me that I put a size 12 and actually its a size 13... which I didn't do on purpose... i got the wrong size which I haven't noticed.. anyways they want a refund.. and i apologized and I think the right thing to do is give them a refund . Except I don't know how.. they paid $20 for each pair which is $40 total plus $5 for each pair for shipping... and they would have to return the items to me.. how would I do this? Do I wait for them to ship it? Do they take it out of my account ?? Actually I haven't gitten it deposit yet.. sorry I'm new and just don't know how to deal with this lol.. i want to make sure i get my shoes back before i send money.. HELP!
8 REPLIES 8
Community Helper
The buyer would have to use buyers protection to be issued a refund. However, if she uses buyer protection, she gets to keep the shoes. There's no guarantee that you get your items back.
Level 9
If she doesn't get a return, this system is completely flawed.
Community Helper
I had someone submit a buyers claim on the only thing I shipped. I NEVER got my item back. It sucks because i think this guy was just trying to get a free item. He never told me that he was going to do so i was completely blindsided when he tried to get his money back. At least this buyer was being honest.
Level 1
Seriously.. wow so they can get a refund.. do they deposit any money to my account? If not that's some BS if they get to keep my shoes plus get a refund! Wow
Level 1
Feom what I've been reading they can keep my shoes plus get a refund!!! If this happens this is BS!!! And I'm not offering shipping anymore.. i might just delete my items and aell elsewhere.. smh
Level 1
Wow that's not right! They should have to return the item if they want a refund!
Community Helper
That's why I stopped offering shipping. I'd rather meet face to face so that they can tell me if it's wrong for them or if I described it wrong accidentally.
Level 9
It's been okay for me, with the exception of one false buyer claim that I was supposed to be paid anyway on (as a courtesy 🙄 umm ok) but I never did get paid the money has been pending for several months. I would quickly delete my shipping option from here if I encountered that again
Although I hate meeting locally and prefer to ship, I do have other options for shipping. Some kinks have been worked out but several more need to be before this will ever be a truly successful shipping site. They must get live support or this will fail. End of story.