Reporting those who clearly pose a threat.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Helper
The number of ads that repeat dozens up to hundreds of times across the county for the same, ridiculously low priced vehicle is a problem. It's not just posters breaking the rules to sell a vehicle. Posting a few extra times in your area, while against the rules is fully understandable. Posting across the country and adamantly requesting us to reply ONLY by email. These aren't innocent details. They can be more sinister in getting access to unsuspecting victims. In the short term, it's annoying and can be a waste of time. On the other hand, some will end up being set up for scams now, and in the future. I'm taking the time to report. It's hard to keep up with the number of these scammers. I have to "follow" the profiles to keep track now. I'm taking the time, when I can, because it's important for our safety and too make this community the best we can. I refuse to accept, these are just innocent ads that just try to "skirt a few rules". It's really more sinister than that.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
Hi @cyclomatic welcome to the forum 😊
Yes I totally agree with you, I sure OfferUp team is looking into this kind of issue. I would like to also see posts like that be automatically delete as they are trying to be posted or duplicated in the same category or different categories.
OfferUp is always coming out with new tools, hopefully this will be addressed in the future.😊

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Helper
Hi @cyclomatic welcome to the forum 😊
Yes I totally agree with you, I sure OfferUp team is looking into this kind of issue. I would like to also see posts like that be automatically delete as they are trying to be posted or duplicated in the same category or different categories.
OfferUp is always coming out with new tools, hopefully this will be addressed in the future.😊

View solution in original post

Community Helper

Just a reminder to all...if you see people using scam tactics, phishing techniques, overposting please take time to report the person's profile. I just took time for about 7 today and 5 are gone already!

Level 1
I have found the same issue. An easy way to locate these fake ads, is by using keyword searches such as “gmail”, or “aunt” (since they claim they are posting on behalf of their aunt, and to email her). There seem to be a ton of Toyota Tacoma fake ads, as well as Jeeps.