Return product damaged and part missing

SOLVED
Level 4
I used my account
Community Helper
Hmm... @Otis1
Looks like it may be a dual-account issue. You just responded to @factsdontcare from another username?
Level 4
That's been ongoing for awhile. The system promoted me to setup a username and so I did not realizing it created 2 accounts. Either way I only have 1 OU selling account. Trying to close one of these out would be great (after I fix my other issue)
Level 9

@Otis1  @Mati_   What are the error messages? 

Level 9

Didn’t know what account to send it to. So I used both his usernames.

Level 9
That's my evil twin, and no worries I'm also a she lol....Otis is my Dogs name. Either way the error message says (Error - An error has occurred. If the error persists, please wait a while before trying again. I tried at least 10 times on numerous times or days. Also noticed in order for me to post I need to repost because it doesn't post first time.
Community Helper
@Otis1
Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies and reloading/updating the app yet? Then, will tackle your second inquiry of this topic.
Level 9

Sorry @Otis1. I shouldn’t assume. I feel pretty dumb right now. LOL! But @REMEMBRANCE   Has a good try. You could try to uninstall and install it again. Again, I’m sorry. Good luck. Let us know. Thank you.

Level 9
@REMEMBRANCE I'll try that, just hope it doesn't wipe out my photos and all my postings. @Jones68 really not a problem like to keep people guessing anyway (besides Otis is a guys name anyway) I'm considering filing a claim at post office for damaged item. Afterall I double boxed, styrofoam, and sealed properly to get back broken item. This would be the first complaint on damaged order.
Community Helper
@Otis1
Just make sure you clear cache and cookies "only" ... Smiley Wink
Ciao´ for now!