Ripped OFF I have submitted help on getting paid its been 11 days and not pay.... for item I sold...

SOLVED
Level 4
I hope you got paid. If you lived close, I'd bring you food to help you. it's really hard to get assistance for things like gas money and rent support but as far as food, that is the most readily available type of assistance there is. If you need to put food on your table again, please look on the Internet for local places in your community that has a pantry to help you out. There are places such as churches and other local organizations. Best of luck to you! Stay warm this Winter.
Level 4
@Dalingarland I'm sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately there are dishonest people in this world, so it's up to us to be diligent and not make their dishonesty easier for them. Sometimes we'll get ripped off anyway, no matter how diligent we are, but often when it happens it's because we let our guard down. In this case, I'm afraid it's a seller error, not an OfferUp error. Meaning, OfferUp made no mistake in that. Sellers should never release an item without money in hand or a payment made through other venues such as through the purchase option on here. Porch pickups sound convenient to the seller, but not everyone is honest, so nothing should leave your hands until money is in your hands. Please don't blame OfferUp and please be more careful in the future as I would hate to see this happen to you again. Hopefully lesson learned, but it's just too bad it was an expensive item (and therefore a costly lesson), not like a $5 or $10 item. Since what happened was your mistake for trusting a stranger with a $1,300 item, it is unreasonable to expect OfferUp to do anything more than ban this person from the marketplace. The money did not go through this marketplace so where's their liability? OfferUp describes in their guidelines to be cautious, to not release anything you don't have money for and that they have no part in any in-person transactions. Don't expect OfferUp to be liable for your lack of judgment. Sorry if that sounds harsh but that's the reality of it. Don't **bleep** the messenger. I'm only trying to be helpful. Keep in mind, OfferUp is not the problem in situations like this. it's the small percentage of dishonest people in the world that is the problem. So in future dealings, always remember that one in 2 or 3 dozen (hopefully in more than that) may take advantage of you if you let your guard down. Best of luck to you in future dealings!

Just out of curiosity, if you let the item out of your sight, how do you know positively that it's the Carlos guy that took the recliner? There's a small chance that somebody driving by with a truck just happened to see a double leather recliner sitting near the street and snagged it like a thief in the night or even thought it was was a free curb item. Most likely, it was this Carlos, but if you weren't out there seeing faces or taking names, how would you really know positively?
Highlighted
Level 2
I also am running into the same problem. My item got sold dec.27 got delivered dec.29 & it's already jan.11,2019 & still no payment. I have sent several emails and have tried getting someone to call me only to get the same stupid automated reply. And then I was so upset that once I started using fowl language they said it was inappropriate language. & Threathened to close my acct. ? What language do they expect me to use? If they don't reply with an actual answer. Could some1 please help me. I believe my trans#1125726 . Please help me as I am new to this blog/forum.
P.s. the week B4 this I sold a Milwaukee vac. & That went smooth. So it ain't the financial institution that's the problem.
Thank you & hope to resolve this.
Level 1
@tmohr -Same exact scenario happened to me !!! It’s been 10 business days since buyer received payment and no answer from customer department at OfferUp . No email confirmations received either !! I am very upset and disappointed about using this service . If anyone from customer support is able to see this post here I demand an immediate solution!
To my understanding this is considered fraud as you are “selling” a product with no payment ?
It's been 2 months and not paid. I sold 5 pieces of jewelry to a lady. She paid for all 5. OfferUp only paid me for 2. They say I canceled the order and at the same time they tell me my customber has paid them for all 5. But they will not pay me for 3 items even though they have been paid.
Community Helper
@sandyjb12 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

sandyjb12 I would recommend reviewing @Mj_206 Community forum manager thread topic; What to do if you have an issue

https://community.offerup.com/t5/Welcome/What-to-do-if-you-have-an-issue/m-p/42046
Everyone please stop using OfferUp's shipping service. They are scamming many many people. Look on Better Business Bureau and Google OfferUp complaints. They are everywhere. OfferUp just isnt paying a lot of people.

And Yes! - intentional "bugs" and "glitches" that aren't fixed, and therefore OfferUp never paying people, is a SCAM.
Community Helper
@MyStuffisGreat users on Offerup arent protected by the BBB in any case on this app. There are only so many businesses that if you report them to the BBB that can legitimately be shut down by the BBB. Guess what? Offerup isnt one of them.
Community Manager

@MyStuffisGreat wrote:
Everyone please stop using OfferUp's shipping service. They are scamming many many people. Look on Better Business Bureau and Google OfferUp complaints. They are everywhere. OfferUp just isnt paying a lot of people.

And Yes! - intentional "bugs" and "glitches" that aren't fixed, and therefore OfferUp never paying people, is a SCAM.

This is absolutely not true - no company would want to intentionally release a bug or cause a negative experience. I understand your frustration, but trying to rile up the entire forum will not be tolerated moving forward. If you have opened a ticket with our Payments team, they will respond. The entire company is coming together right now to respond to Payments inquiries. There is a plan in place. There is nothing else I can do here on these forums. As I have already had to moderate several posts of yours, please consider this as a first and final warning for these posts. 

Community Manager

@MyStuffisGreat I just looked into your account. You, as the seller, attempted to complete the sale on 12/21/2018 at 18:01:31. This transaction was cancelled, by you, the seller. The buyer offered $5, and that offer was manually rejected by the seller - you. Additionally - you haven't opened any inquiries about Shipping to our Shipping team. You have reported several other users but haven't had payments inquiries. I'm not sure what the issue is.