Ripped OFF I have submitted help on getting paid its been 11 days and not pay.... for item I sold...

SOLVED
Level 5
@SkyDancer. That is not true by any means. It's not failproof for sellers at all. Give it time and you'll get scammed. All it takes is one person to be dishonest, and they're about 1 in 25 probably. Facebook Messenger payments cannot be reversed. It's ran by Google pay. Don't confuse that with Google Wallet, those payments can be reversed.
Level 1

THAT DOES NOTHING BUT GET YOU A FORM LETTER.  OFFERUP RIPPED OFF MY $40 AND THE WOMAN TOOK OFF WITH MY CHAIR AND DIDN'T CONFIRM THAT SHE GOT IT SO OFFERUP CANCELLED THE PAYMENT NOW I'M OUT A CHAIR AND MY MONEY.  OFFER UP IS A SCAM.  I HOPE THEY DON'T IDENTITY THEFT ME SINCE THEY REQUIRED MY BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND MY ID.  GIVE ME MY MONEY RIGHT NOW.  ZERO SUPPORT OFFERED ON THE FAKE "I'LL ESCALATE YOUR CLAIM" FORM RESPONSE. OFFERUP SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.  

Community Manager

@nicholette OfferUp is absolutely not a scam... You will need to reach out to our Payments team. If you received a note that your case was escalated, then the case was escalated. If you received this response multiple times, then that means you wrote in multiple times. Our teams respond to reports in the order in which they were received. If it was already escalated, you'll get a response ASAP.

Level 1
What does asap mean? I haven’t received a response yet on being paid.
Tags (1)
Level 1
How can OfferUp employees know so little? So I am going to break it down for you so that you will understand how contradicting your site info is.
Stripe is the merchant provider that deals with the despite transfer. When you set up this account for the first transaction, it will take 7 days in the US to approve transaction with them only. That ain’t released until after the 3 day evaluation. Then ou says you now have funds in your account. This means that you will wait not 5 days but seven. After the seven day wait from hell, you will now wait 4-5 business days that it takes for your bank to release funds. So far, every person has been wrong and giving out bad info here. Your site is bs. Learn.
Community Manager

I don't know the exact time it will take them to respond, because the Payments team and Customer Care team are not related to these forums. These forums are a place to get tips and tricks on how to use OfferUp, not a place to receive support. Trust me - I wish there was more I could do, however, as the Community Manager, these forums are my area of expertise and not any payments questions.

Level 4

Using the Lego app to make a sale, when I went to the bank to deposit the money I was informed 350.00 was fake 50.00 bills. There is NO way to be safe. I quit Ebay because Ebay always was in the buyer's favor. I only deal with brand new items and people would try to say my items were INAD or broken, etc. Ebay would then take my money and not even give me a say to give my side. Buyer's knew this so Ebay became a very scammable place so I left.

Now I'm dealing with counterfeid bills. I don't think I want to start shipping on these apps. I'd rather start meeting people in the police stations and checking all bills for counterfeit. I may even start putting a disclaimer in my listing that I check for authenticy of all bills. You really need to protect youself out there. It's not until you get scammed that you become extra careful. It's already scary meeting strangers out there.

Community Manager

I always bring a counterfeit bill checking pen with me at in-person meetups and always meet at a police station, @Diddlydoo

Level 4

Yes, you should do that. I do that also after I had my 350.00 stolen...costly lessons learned. Sometimes it just takes you being scammed before you learn your lesson.