Scammed by Seller HELP?

SOLVED
Level 1
I'm currently filimg a police report in the City the incident happened. Seller has posted Item for sale. A dyson vacumm. Everything looked okey at first but asked seller if there anything wrong with the item before we met. She clearly didnt answer me but when I continued to meet up with her to said location, I took a look at the product and she said nothing that parts were missing the clearly effected the performance. Ive asked her again in person and she said nothing that other parts were missing. She lied about the discription of the parts and lied in person saying that nothing was wrong. She took off with my cash and I asked her to come back when I noticed a side part was missing for the brush head. OfferUp should not condone this type of behavior when seller refusing a refund from buyer. How do I request to deactivate her account so she doent scam her next buyer!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
You can report her profile and then when you get to additional information you can put that you want to have her deactivated.
4 REPLIES 4
Community Helper
You can report her profile and then when you get to additional information you can put that you want to have her deactivated.
Level 1
When I called the Irvine police they had told me that theres nothing that they can do but only an information report but told me that they wouldnt follow up on returning your money. I'm going to completely follow through on making one anyways and see what happens. Thanks. It was a completed transaction. Now I'm stuck with a 10 yr old broken product I have to buy parts for...Ugh. I should of just got a vacuum at walmart or something. Thanks @aidenholley

How will I know that a user had been deactivated.
Highlighted
Community Helper
They wont tell you that a person has their account deactivated.

@Drios08618 

OfferUp cannot control how one person behaves, nor can OU screen individual motives. It is up to the buyer to make an informed decision.

The seller did not violate any laws and can even feign ignorance if you get lucky enough to find this seller.

There is no judge that will sign off on a warrant/subpoena on this type of case, so Irvine PD (as nice and cooperative they might be from my personal experience) will not be able to help you, even if there is a Detective that is wlling to take the case, as by law...OU cannot release the seller's info without a warrant/subpoena. This is the "catch 22" dilemma.