Scammers

SOLVED
Level 1
Okay, I got it. I just know better for next time. 🥳
Level 1
Plus I'm also gonna double check profiles first. 👍
Level 9

@TENSHIFOY1   Good for you my friend. I hope it never happens again. You don’t deserve it and neither does anyone else. Good luck to you.

Level 9
Hello @TENSHIFOY1, first of all sorry you got scammed. That is a lot of money as well! You did the right thing by going to police dept right away. Try to call Paypals toll free number if you haven't already its 888-221-1161 this number you can get through to a live person see if they can do anything. If they can't go to your bank with the police report since bank is connected to your paypal and speak to the manager about this scam and see if they can issue a refund. It doesn't hurt to try. Good luck to you!
Level 9
And of course stay in the app, people have asked me to use other form of payment and I tell them sorry I only stay in the app to protect the buyer and seller. I have sold many items and fortunately haven't got scammed at all.
Level 9
Did you use tracking on your item when it shipped? Its a few bucks more and worth it! All you need to do is follow tracking to see that it was actually shipped and in their possession and you at least have a leg to stand on.
I was scammed out of a $500 item two days ago.
Level 1
I was scan last week by user Jon on this app. Do not boy from him. Unfortunately I pay him via PayPal and he never ship the item. He even marked as sold and shipped.
Way to many scammers on this app. Do not send money to anybody.
I wish I could post his pictures and the item.. so be aware.
Level 9

Anytime anyone wants you to leave the app to be paid, you can bet it’s a scam. If you would of stayed in the OfferUp app @Almazer  you would have a way to get your money. Sorry this happened to you but we always say stay in the OfferUp app.

Level 1
Too bad offerup doesn’t do anything about these scammers yet they’re are making tons of money on ads.