Seller Protection while shipping

Neighbor

Same question. I don't see the answer, so not sure why this is marked "solved"?

@coopertone wrote:

Same question. I don't see the answer, so not sure why this is marked "solved"?

The "solved" marker is set by the original poster of the thread. Perhaps, the thread was sufficient for the her needs? There is no specific seller protection verbiage anywhere. Each claim has to be investigated on a "case by case" basis.

On most simliar type of these apps, the ruling is often skewed towards the buyer, but if a seller has 10,0000 five star ratings as a result of shipped transactions from 10,000 individual users (meaning a very good reputation), the ruling might go in favor of the seller.

Level 3
Oh woah I totally forgot about this thread. Yeah I just got fed up and figured I was never gonna get a legitimately helpful answer from OfferUp, so I marked it as resolved. Still haven’t gotten an answer, still don’t think we’re gonna get one tbh.
Level 1
No seller protection. . . I've sold thousands of items over the years here with no issue. Now I shipped a brand new item at major discount price from what I paid (beautiful victoria secret 100% sherpa blanket) with tags to a "new" buyer. She gets it then tells me she's mad and keeping the blanket but wants a refund right now and will be sending pet feces back to me with the return label for her refund if she doesn't get her way. All that effort and money wasted to me the seller with high integrity !
Level 3
OfferUp does not protect the seller you can easily get scammed. It's all about the numbers of the person you're dealing with that they have a low numbers don't deal with them. You won't get your money back or your item
Highlighted
Level 1
Low ratings or new accounts are pretty obvious but this woman had over a hundred transactions and five stars with a nice looking family as her picture :/