Seller Ratings on Canceled Offers

Level 1

I made an offer which was accepted and paid for over a week ago.  The seller never shipped the item but provided a tracking number.  Today I get a nice little cancelation from OfferUp.  No explanation other than there was a problem with the order and my money was going to be refunded.  If there was a problem, the seller should have communicated it a week ago or how about communicating to me at all about an issue.  He has only a few sales but shows a positive rating.  If I'm not able to leave feedback, how many other buyers weren't either?!  This seller's rating will not accurately reflect his selling performance if feedback cannot be provided after offer accepted and payment sent, canceled or not.  Same should exist for sellers where buyers cancel after payment. So far OfferUp is not proving to be worth the time.  I've submitted 4 offers and received no response from 3 sellers (completely ignored), and this one canceled.  I thought OfferUp was going give me another venue to work with serious sellers other than the usually eBay, Amazon, Letgo etc that I already frequent.  I guess not...

2 REPLIES 2
Level 1

I see that the seller relisted the item after canceling.  There was no problem with it.  The only communication I received from this seller was when I inquired why the tracking number wasn't active after a week.  His response was that someone else was suppose to mail it but flaked so he'd make sure it was mailed first thing this morning.

Level 1

I received a response from the seller today.  Seems OfferUp systemically canceled and relisted the seller's item.  He intended to send it but had to get it back from the party who was suppose to ship it.  Yes he should have told me that was the problem and that he needed a little more time the night before when he sent me the message he'd ship in the morning.  I would have had no problem agreeing to another week for him to ship it.  I'm not an unreasonable person if I know whats going on.  Cancelations should not a sole function given to the site.  The buyer and seller should be able to have input on how the offer is handled for exactly this reason.  I had no context.  My last communication with the seller was he was shipping it out that morning and 12 hours later I get a cancelation message, no explanation and a link back in the same item to make another offer.  What was I suppose to think?!  I'm still done on this site but I wanted to post the truth so that if another buyer gets a cancelation.  Message the seller and wait a reasonable amount of time for a response.  Your seller may have every intention of fulfilling the sale but OfferUp might have gotten in the way.