Seller Ships to UPS rather than USPS

SOLVED
Level 2
Can someone help me. I bought a camera on sunday, the seller ships the package the next day but after 3 days the tracking to usps never change. So I message the seller, he said, he dropped it off to UPS store since monday. It should be USPS. My question is, would he still be able to get back the package to the UPS store? Will I get the refund if It will not be delivered to me?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 2
Thank you so much. The seller's really hard to understand. So annoying. I will wait If there will be an update on the shipping. If not, will contact support team. Thanks for that.
10 REPLIES
Level 6
You should get your money if it does not arrive.

It should only affect that user when / if they try to make a buyer protection claim.

Seller should have done everything through OfferUp including adding the appropriate shipping label.

Was there any talk about shipping fees before you guys agreed? How much was shipping in the ad?

Ask him for a tracking number, see what he says.

Scammers typically ghost you or deactive their account, doesn't seem to be the case here.

You can also ask support for a second opinion:
https://offerup.com/support/new/
Level 2
The shipping is 7usd. He didn't understand it at all. I told him should be at usps not ups. He said its the same.
Level 6
Tell him if it gets lost he is not covered by OfferUp and to provide you with a tracking number that's on the reciept.

"would he still be able to get back the package to the UPS store?"

Assuming it's actually on route technically yes, but he may not want to travel for it.
Level 2
Yes I will do that. Thank you so much. Will I get my money back if its not devered?
Highlighted
Level 6
Yes you should, he is the one at fault here and there are chat logs to prove it. Including this one in the forums.

If he doesn't want to provide a tracking number withing the day, contact support via the link above.
Level 2
Thank you so much. The seller's really hard to understand. So annoying. I will wait If there will be an update on the shipping. If not, will contact support team. Thanks for that.
Did you receive your item? Sometimes on other places like eBay people have used ups for delivery instead of what eBay has up. But if it's shipped, and you have received it safe, I don't think the form of shipping matters. Also he could have paid more money to ship it to you through ups. Maybe the doesn't have a post office as closes as the ups. That would be my issue delivering. All mine would have to go USPS because the ups offices are far. There could be many reasons why he chose that shipping method. I still think as long as you get it and it's perfect in condition, the method shouldn't matter. The only thing is, is when you receive it there's no seller protection for him because there's no 3 day wait after delivery for offer up to track before the release of funds to him. So if anything, he will be the one try to get his funds. If you were a scammer, you would have been able to take advantage. I won't say how but this is why people should follow the steps on offer up.
Level 2
Hi, at last my package was shipped yesterday with the same usps tracking number on the offerrup receipt. He said it was picked up by UPS, I'm not sure why it is ups. It will be delivered on monday. Offerup also sent me notification that its on the way. Thank you for all your responses. Smiley Happy
Level 6
It is more than likely just an error, people confuse the two often. It is taking days for some packages to scan, no matter the carrier. Its likely he meant usps anyway. Hope it arrives soon