Seller/buyer protection question

Level 1

Couldn't find anything on the OfferUp page about this so I figured I'd ask here. In the case of an item not being described or being defective in a shipping transaction on offerup, does the buyer have to ship the item back after winning their claim?

6 REPLIES 6
Level 9

@Christ1ann   If you win your claim and get your money back don’t you think the other person should at least get back there stuff? There is a right and wrong right? What would seem right to you? Just asking. For me, I would send it back or at least ask that person if they want it back. But that’s me. Good luck.

Highlighted
Level 1

Yes of course the seller should get their item back. It was just unclear to me of how the process works on offerup because I have came across listings where the sellers excuse for not wanting to ship is because they got burned and the buyer got to keep the item. So my assumption was that maybe offerup refunds the buyer before they send the item back which seems a little problematic.

Level 9

I just assumed that they would get it back. But your right. There should be something in the guideline that had some kind of rule to follow. I’m thinking Mj_206 can help with this. I’m at a loss. 

Tags (1)
Level 9

@Christ1ann  Let me if I can’t get M_j206 in here and see what she thinks. Then you ask your question.

Level 9

Hi Mj. Sorry to contact you on a weekend. @Mj_206 A gentleman has a question and I looked around but couldn’t help him. You do great work. So I told him you may or may not have a answer. When you get time maybe you can take a look. Thank you.

Level 9

@Christ1ann  is his name @Mj_206  Thank You again. @Christ1ann  You can ask your question again. You now have one of the best.