Seller is flaking!

Level 1
Ok so idk what to do here. I'm actually the buyer here. I've contacted this girl to meet up for a TV. We agreed on a price and asked her when I can go pick up. She says she's available on weekends. I say "ok great I'll message you then" Come Saturday I message her and she says she will be available after 5pm. The time rolls by and there's no reply after 5. I let it slide and say maybe she was busy again? Sunday comes and ask her again past noon. She reads my messages and leaves me on seen, no reply. At this point I'm completely irritated and annoyed because it's the third seller that flakes on me in a week! It's been a week since I messaged this girl when I originally wanted to pick up. I haven't said anything since Sunday. So please if any of you have suggestions drop them here. I've only been polite and asked if we were still meeting, updating her. I honestly don't know what to do and I'm really wanting to buy the item of her. I just don't get why people with such bad communication skills have 5 star ratings they're not even serious. Ugh!
8 REPLIES 8
Community Helper
She maybe had a change of heart and not able to say so?
@Caaloz88
Would just message one final time with a simple "?" and leave it at that--next... if no reply within 24 hrs. Just a suggestion... GLTU!
This is actually more common than most realize..it's really a shame. Often times, in my experience, this happened due to the seller getting a better offer & then not wanting to deal with the original buyer. It happened to me with marble spheres, figures & other odd-ball things.

On the other hand, I have had sellers flake (buyers as well) due to the fact that they were fake - they didn't have the actual item or in the buyers case - the individual liked to jerk people around.

The buyer you are refering to, my best guess is that she has already sold the item..probably for a few dollars more. The fact that she hasn't replied to your message with an apology & a simple explanation is certainly rude & disrespectful.

I hope that you will not let these few cause you to not like the app, or buying locally or online - there are many good sellers out there (myself included) whom do keep their word on a deal.
This is actually more common than most realize..it's really a shame. Often times, in my experience, this happened due to the seller getting a better offer & then not wanting to deal with the original buyer. It happened to me with marble spheres, figures & other odd-ball things.

On the other hand, I have had sellers flake (buyers as well) due to the fact that they were fake - they didn't have the actual item or in the buyers case - the individual liked to jerk people around.

The buyer you are refering to, my best guess is that she has already sold the item..probably for a few dollars more. The fact that she hasn't replied to your message with an apology & a simple explanation is certainly rude & disrespectful.

I hope that you will not let these few cause you to not like the app, or buying locally or online - there are many good sellers out there (myself included) whom do keep their word on a deal.

Since you have not paid her for the item, I would recommend blocking & reporting. I see no reason she couldn't take five minutes to reply to you - everyone eventually sits down to take a break & it takes no effort at all to be considerate:-)
Highlighted
Community Helper
Very well said...
@MidnightAntiqui
You are a positive thinker...
If you don't mind, I would like your OU Personal Profile link to check out your items on the app. If you have made one, you can DM it to me. Thanks!
Level 1
Yeah, I've thought about the fact that she may have sold the item. But at the same time I don't think so? She hasn't marked the item as sold yet, this means it's most likely there. What I don't get why can't she just be honest and say she's changed her mind about selling the item. Then she could unlist the item and voila. I would respect that way more than being ignored.

I'm realizing that you're right about sellers flaking too often. It just happened to me yesterday. I asked about a phone, the guy agreed to meet with me at 6:30pm at a T-mobile store. He never messaged me through the day even past the time we were meeting. I wake up today and I get a notification saying he sold the item to someone else.

I never thought I'd come across so many people like this consecutively, it's a shame. 😞
I had four flakes today myself.. I agree with you that her behaviour is strange..and extremely rude. Why on earth a seller would WANT to miss a sale is far beyond my understanding.. No one ever deserves to be ignored.
:-) I find that negativity in life only brings more of the same. Life is too short, its better to live with a smile than a frown.

Ill pm you a link momentarily. My profile is only at 15% of what it should be at the moment, i only have 500+ of 3000+ listings up :-)
Level 1
I don't understand that myself bud. I always think, do they no want the money? Some people just lack the seriousness of being a seller with business mentality. These people would make horrible eBay sellers. And it is really RUDE on their part because they don't seem willing to even communicate or have common courtesy. It's going to be almost a month since this girl has posted her item, which she could have sold over a week ago. But I guess not? I think I may just try eBay if I can't find the phone on here.

And sure let me know of your link.