Seller not receiving my payment?

Highlighted
Level 1
Hello. I made my first purchase in the app and the seller was supposed to receive payment among shipping the package but has not. I got the package and submitted my rating hoping that might speed things along, but I don’t want to be considered an untrustworthy buyer when I have legitimately had money taken out of my bank account and have not done any alterations to form of payment. They took my money but he hasn’t received it. Is there a reason why this may be happening?
9 REPLIES 9

@BrittanyP 

Was this the sellers FIRST shipped transaction? If so, it can take up to 30 days from the day you received the item. If you read the forums, all the complaints in regards to payments are from people with their initial shipped transaction as a buyer.

@factsdontcare wrote:

@BrittanyP 

transaction as a buyer.

I meant...."transaction as a seller".

Level 1
I actually do not know. He has made prior sales but I’m not sure if they are shipped sales or not.

@BrittanyP 

You have done your part. It is out of your hands. Just enjoy the item and try not to worry about it.

Level 1
Question regarding that though. If it really does take that long, why wouldn’t they clarify that in the terms? It’s kind of misleading. I’m trying to stay in contact with him to make sure it gets resolved at least so he doesn’t think I’m not trustworthy. I buy and sell on several sites. I’ve never experienced this before.

@BrittanyP wrote:
Question regarding that though. If it really does take that long, why wouldn’t they clarify that in the terms? It’s kind of misleading. I’m trying to stay in contact with him to make sure it gets resolved at least so he doesn’t think I’m not trustworthy. I buy and sell on several sites. I’ve never experienced this before.

Your inquiry is for OfferUP to answer. The "30 days" seems to be the average number from the anecotal experiences from the other users (you can search the forum rather efficiently since it allows for boolean search).

The seller knows that YOU DID YOUR PART, as OU would NOT issue the seller the shipping label without your payment.

Level 1
I sure hope so. I guess all I can do is wait.
Hi Brittany,
Just wondering if this ever got resolved? Did you ever figure out what was the issue?
Thanks
Level 1
Yes it was just a delay on OfferUps end. Unfortunately that was the only successful purchase I’ve had with this site. No one else responds to my messages when I try to purchase anything