Seller sent an empty box.

SOLVED
Hello!
I bought a ring. I received the package today. Opened it and it was empty. I videoed the whole process how I opened the envelope and then the box to proof that it was unopened when I received it. I filed a claim immediately. My question is, how fast the offer up team will react to my claim. Because the transaction cost me 365$ and I do worry about it a lot, and I don’t want to give my money to that thief. Please, contact me asap. I don’t want to stress and I want to know that I will get my money back. Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@YouWillBeHappy you’re welcome glad we could help., see you around the forum. 👍😎🇬🇧
5 REPLIES 5
Level 1

As long as you follow the terms set out by OfferUp you're protected and safe up to $500 per sale. Only requirements are that you paid using the Offerup app and to contact support right away. You have 3 days to contact support to report any problem. The seller only receieves the money after 3 days have passed after the item shows delivered. So as long as you do before then it won't be release to the scam seller. If you do so after 3 days then you have no recourse other than filing ouout a police report and working with your credit card company if you were smart enough to use a credit card. 

Community Helper
@YouWillBeHappy let me be one of the first to welcome you to the OfferUp Community forum,

YouWillBeHappy just to add to what 707trader said., this is the information
I work also recommend contacting customer care, I’ve added the link below
I’ll also tag Mj_206 Community Manager so she’s aware of your issue. 😎🇬🇧

Buyer protection on OfferUp
Last updated January 2, 2018
How buyer protection works
When an item is paid for and shipped using OfferUp systems, the buyer may be protected for certain issues up to $500 of the payment made, as we describe in this document.

How OfferUp payments work
What is covered
* When shipping through the OfferUp app and one of the following apply:
* Seller fails to ship the item
* Undisclosed damage
* Incorrect or missing item
* Item not as described, including undisclosed damage
If the item hasn’t shipped within 3 business days of payment, the buyer’s payment may be cancelled, and their funds are returned to the method used to pay.
The buyer’s payment is held until the transaction is complete. The transaction is considered complete if the buyer rates the seller, or if no buyer protection claim is made within a 3-day period after item delivery. At that point, the payment is released to the seller.
Once the payment has been released to the seller, all sales are final and no refunds will be issued.
What isn’t covered
* Item doesn’t fit or the buyer doesn’t like it
* Prohibited items
* Purchases made in cash or through payment or shipping systems outside of OfferUp
How to use buyer protection
1. Within 3 days of receiving the item, use the Contact Us button at the bottom of this article, and enter your reason for using buyer protection.
2. OfferUp will review the request and take corresponding action. OfferUp reserves the right to deny requests.
3. On approval, OfferUp will provide return instructions, and the buyer will handle the item accordingly.
4. OfferUp will issue a refund up to $500 in the original form of payment.

OfferUp Customer care
https://offerup.com/support/new/

Thank you for your attention and support. The OfferUp team contacted me today and informed me that I will get a full refund.
Thank you one more time for your help!
Community Helper
@YouWillBeHappy you’re welcome glad we could help., see you around the forum. 👍😎🇬🇧
Community Helper
-Ciao' @707trader-
---Welcome---
Your Feedback & Assistance is very much Appreciated---
Hope to see more posts from you in the near future 👍😊