Seller sent partial items, thinking scam-submitted buyer protection seller declined

Level 1
So I purchased items from someone and he only sent a portion, not everything (the main items). I asked him and he said he was afraid to send it and would be in town those weekend to give the rest to me. He never said he was not sending everything. He has been a bit elusive on arranging a set time to meet. I went ahead and went through buyer protection to get a refund as I am not trusting this transaction. I feel he is delaying to get past the timeframe for protection. He declined saying he would meet up with me. I gave him until tomorrow. What are my next steps? This buyer protection is awful if the seller can decline at their discretion.
6 REPLIES 6
Community Helper
If you submitted a buyers protection claim, the seller cant deny it. Offerup does that. I would try again on the claim.
Level 1
All I see is refund request declined, contact us within 2 days if you need help. Reason for decline it says that seller will meet up with buyer to complete sale. At this time I have not received confirmation on a time or place for tomorrow, as I set that as the only day I would do this. If he does not come through on this what is my next course of action? It says to contact in 2 days if I need additional help with a get help link. I click the link and there are no choices for this kind of issue.

Again , just trying to cover myself as this person seems a little shady by their communication and only shipped partial items, the smallest value of the lot.
Highlighted
Community Helper
You didnt say you requested a refund. You said you submitted a buyers claim. Those are 2 different things. I would suggest filling out a buyers claim instead of a refund asap.
Level 1
Thank you. I have to do that within 2 days if receiving correct? Even though I did the refund request yesterday? I received the package yesterday and if he proposes meeting 2 days after I received and doesn’t come through I am out my money?
Community Helper
I would do the buyers claim today. You can also email support at https://offerup.com/support/new/
Level 1
Thanks for your help