Sellers not responding to offers I've made on shipping items

Level 1
Hello there. I'm new to Offerup and I want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. Since I've joined, I've made 3 offers to sellers that have items listed for shipping. I haven't heard anything at all from the sellers on these items. In fact, 2 of the offers expired without me hearing anything at all. I'm verified for payments, Facebook, emails, etc. I've looked at their profiles and see they have good ratings as well as being very responsive. It also says on their profiles that they have been active everyday since I made the offers. Am I missing something, or doing something wrong? I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
Hi @Fran_Halen , you did everything right. Other party, for whatever reason, is not responding.
Me as a seller happens all the time with buyer inquires about an item and never reply..
Hope this helps.
Level 1
Fran I’ve had similar experiences. Just today I offered full price and the seller waited until my offer expired then replied saying they didn’t have time to do shipping. Another seller never responded allowing 3 offers to expire, then when I lowballed them they immediately responded saying the item had been stolen. The item is still listed today by the way. I am about ready to delete this app and find another.
Level 9
Sounds like your doing everything right, what was the item listed for as far as price goes and what did you offer? How old were the listings? Offer Up just changed their shipping from USPS to UPS so that has aggravated a lot of sellers and the $1.99 fee for items under $20 (used to be flat 9.99%) perhaps if these items were lower cost some sellers are not as motivated to bother with buyers trying to haggle when fees and things just changed. Either way good luck...