Sellers protection?

SOLVED
Level 3
It is very interesting. I was never given an option, nor communicated with directly other than 2 emails (after the fact).

1. Buyer filed a claim.
2. We have refunded the buyer 9.00 - when I only recieved 4.01 (they already took almost a 1.00 in fees).

I researched "seller protection" but only info on "buyer' protection comes up.

I replied to the post in my inbox (from.offer up) but only the buyer responded. She claims Offer up says they are refunded both of us and non item needs returning. Not sure if that's a positive solution or not. I'm going to check in 2 more days to see if money stays in my account or if it gets debited out.

@Gogetter18 

The buyer will be presented with a return shipping label (paid by OU), so that you can have your product back BEFORE the buyer is given a refund.

@Gogetter18 

In your specific case, it might have cost more $$$$ for OU to ship the item back to you.

There is no "seller" protection.

Level 3
Oh my ! So that explains why I got a mess from OU that a refund of 9.00 would be refunded instead of 4.00 which is what I got paid for the pants. Im being charged for the return shipping label? Great.
Well thank you @factsdontcare for the info. I'm glad I learned this.
Level 3
Thanks again for the info @factsdontcare. I'll make sure to keep an eye out on return debited from my account.

The seller is telling me customer service is applying a refund to both of us and no.item needs returning. ? Doesn't make sense to me . Interested to see how the solution is dealt out.
Highlighted

@Gogetter18 wrote:
Thanks again for the info @factsdontcare. I'll make sure to keep an eye out on return debited from my account.

The seller is telling me customer service is applying a refund to both of us and no.item needs returning. ? Doesn't make sense to me . Interested to see how the solution is dealt out.

It  makes sense since it would have cost more money (for  OffferUp) to pay for return shipping, in comparison to letting you keep your money from the sale.

You will not be getting your pants back.

Hi,

As far as your phone being removed from your iCloud, you can still have Apple add it to a lost/stolen list, because they still have that phone’s IMEI/MEID (its unique identifier, they issue one for every piece of hardware, it’s their unique identifier for any Apple device, even if it’s been associated to multiple iCloud accounts and/or multiple phone numbers/wireless carriers, Apple still has all that other info associated to the single identifier: the IMEI).
The thing is, Apple doesn’t control whether the phone works on a cellular network or not (well they *can* but they don’t). They leave that up to the cellular network carrier, which can add a device to a negative list, effectively bricking it (from cell network anyway, not WiFi networks) in about .5 seconds.
I’d be reporting it to the carrier it was activated on, and in a lot of jurisdictions, filing a police report (police aren’t going to do anything about it, but since filing a false report is a crime, it lends weight to the claim of theft) is enough to get the phone added to the national database of IMEI/MEIDs reported as lost/stolen. It’s a public database, and law enforcement utilizes it heavily, as do trade-in and buy back services like GameStop and ecoATM. They run the device id through the database first.

There are few different websites, but the one that LE utilizes (at least that I’ve seen) is the website run by the CTIA and DeviceCheck
https://stolenphonechecker.org/spc/consumer

It’s free to query 5 device IDs (IMEI, MEID/ ESN - whatever the manufacturer calls their unique identifier for their hardware) per day, after that it’s a paid subscription. Wireless carriers use it as well. Depending on your situation (what network, whether it was jail broken, or unlocked by the network carrier) you can get it bricked/ worthless to that person pretty/ dramatically decrease its resale value, relatively easily. At the very least, report it as stolen so that when they go to resell the phone, they either can’t sell it, or a buyer doesn’t end up with a bricked device. Someone who pulls that kind of stunt is usually doing it en masse, not one offs. They know how to game the system, and do it on multiple platforms.
Neighbor

Did you have to ship back the item you received?