Service fee

SOLVED
Level 9
I can confirm that Offerup lost 3 sales just yesterday from just myself over the shipping weight changes and fees. Not worth the packing materials used to ship the items or my time. I feel bad but I am not even going to take the time to respond to questions on items like these anymore. An inquiry just allows me to see what listings I missed during the time spent changing hundreds of listings
Level 1
COMPLETE BS!!!!! I was all excited that my offerup page would take off with these new AMAZING shipping rates but now a 1.99 MINIMUM SERVICE FEE??? COMPLETELY UNFAIR! now how much time I’ve wasted changing all my prices down to account for the shipping rates and back up to account for the service fee? plus basically can’t even sell less than a $20 item without getting ripped off? how is that fair ? if there’s a $3 half pound shipping weight why would the minimum service fee be 1.99? so basically even a half pound package has to be worth $20 not likely!!! so now instead of being able to post shirts for $3-$5 and still leave me some offer up wants to take 1.99 out of the $3-5 and leave me 1-3 on product i probably already paid more for??? COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS THEY NEED TO CHANGE THE MINIMUM SERVICE FEE BACK TO 10% OR THIS APP WILL DIE PERIOD!!! NO ONE PAY THE 1.99 OR THEY WILL JUST KEEP CHARGING IT AND TRY AND GO HIGHER AND HIGHER!! DONT PAY IT SWITCH APPS!!!
Tags (1)
Guys use the offerup support email to contact them and complain. I’ve complained a few times. Also I’m going to rate the app lower in the App Store.
The old shipping rates were a little higher but they were actually better if you knew the shipping secrets. The old $5 class said up to .5lb but the label printed for 15oz. Almost a full lb. the $8 class (started as $7, but was changed) said .5-3lbs. But it printed a label for 10lbs!
Level 1
Offer Up made the minimum service fee change WITHOUT INFORMING anybody. We have all been fought off guard. It's wrong of Offer Up to conduct business this way. I have added a note on my listing under $20 of the fee change and direct buyers to the Mercari App to purchase item. Yes the shipping is $1 more but their business practice is honest.
Level 3
No kidding , i couldn't figure out how a $4.00 item would only profit me $2.01 that is 50% of my item wow i guess they are getting rich out us trying to make a buck pretty sad !!!🤔
Level 3
They just keep raising there rates 1st 7.9% then 9.9% now everything under $20.00 is a fee of $1.99 they are very greedy thanks for the heads up Ebay and Amazon or craigs list is the best way to sell items...
Level 3
I completely agree offer up is becoming the new Ebay. Every time I just get used to their business model they up fees change shipping. I get growth but come on. You have messed up all my shipping prices with your update and now the 1.99 fee come on.
Level 3
Offer up you need to change your
Min service fee of $1.99 or you going to lose a lot Of customers and **bleep** your new shipping program. We came here because of the low fees. And frequent fee hikes on EBay.
Level 3
**update not sure why it bleeped my word “changed” but it did. No profanity used?