Sexual comments towards the seller

SOLVED
Level 1
I have also sold a few things on here and the buyer made sexual comments to me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

while i am aginast sexual harrassment entirely, best solution would be to report the user's profile that purchased it from you and discribe what occured and what was said.    and if you feel serious enough, block the user as well as it should prevent them from contacintg you or seeing your listings again from their profile..

14 REPLIES 14

while i am aginast sexual harrassment entirely, best solution would be to report the user's profile that purchased it from you and discribe what occured and what was said.    and if you feel serious enough, block the user as well as it should prevent them from contacintg you or seeing your listings again from their profile..

Community Helper
@HereForSumBeer if this person blocks the user they will still be able to see her posts. But this is a good suggestion. Report anyone sexually harassing you. If they are doing it to you, they are probably doing it to others.

ah ok, it should prevent them from seeing ur postings if it doesnt.... consider the crazy stalker or revenge type person.. they and see when ur selling again and if u mention willing to meet and dive on an unsuspecting alt account or stolen account or something and play as someone else and further exploit.   

very common tactic sadly people use... barrier/buffer account method.. keeping ur eyes on the wrong account while they use another to conintue their ways..

Community Helper
Unfortunately, it doesnt work like that here on Offerup with blocking. If another buyer shows up and starts sexually harassing her, she can report and block the user again. Offerup has ways of banning IP addresses if need be from repeat offenders and serial account makers if they need to do it.
Level 4
A "Sexual Comment"in and of itself
isn't necessarily harrassment or even
out of line.
It depends on what was said.

this is true a comment that sexual in of itself isnt harassment, however usually when i say that it starts a fire storm of sh*t throwing from certain types.   

but yea, i met people who arent bad people it seem, they just have no filter from what they are thinking to what they say..  or better yet,  then people who cannot pickup or proccess social cues and continue to try to hit on others when when person is appearing uncomfortable or denying.   i dont catagorize this as sexual harrassment so much as just obnoxious. its if you tell them to stop upfront and explicitly and they dont is when it is undenialy harassment level.. 

Community Helper
I consider any sexual comments that I have not consented to sexual harassment. This person did not consent to sexual comments whatsoever, so it is harassment especially if the other person doesnt back off.

@aidenholley wrote:
I consider any sexual comments that I have not consented to sexual harassment. This person did not consent to sexual comments whatsoever, so it is harassment especially if the other person doesnt back off.

in this instance means you cannot even flirt or hit on anyone or comment on how beautiful they maybe without being considered sexual harassment and i am not in agreement with this..    it is absoluely obnoxious, sure..  i had to "chase" a few guys off my GF because she didnt want to be a jerk to them..no i usually dont do much other then reach hand out to shake theirs and greet them as her BF and they usually they get picture and stop.    but i dont think either of us consider it sexual harassment unless they just wont stop and keep pushing..

Community Helper
Some guys cannot take hints though. I get very uncomfortable when guys hit on me and flirt with me. My body language shows this and they dont stop. On this app however, when the sale is done, there should be no more communication. I do not consent to any flirting with me at all. I had a guy unprovoked ask me if I ate booty. Why would I consent to that? That is inappropriate and unwanted and I consider that sexual harrassment. Also I was talking about sexual harrassment in terms of very suggestive and sexual comments as the topic owner stated. Not flirting or compliments.