Shipping and getting paid

SOLVED
Community Helper
I know this is a controversial topic here on the forums. However, my uncle bought something on the app and had it shipped to him. He did everything correctly on his end. The seller hounded him for days to get paid even to the point of asking if my uncle wanted to use PayPal to pay him until my uncle had to block him. This is not the way to go about getting paid. Typically if you use the shipping label and dont get a claim against you, you will get paid. The payment timeline seems to be varied. Do NOT hound your buyer for additional payment. They will not enjoy the harassment, and they have your name and address if they want to pursue legal action. Luckily, my uncle is a very understanding man and tends to come to me for any questions about Offerup.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Now that you mention this, I've seen this happen a couple times. I'm so sorry that your uncle experienced this. Yes, the payment timeline does seem to vary depending on how many transactions have been completed. That being said, it seems like payouts are taking longer than expected, which is something I'm trying to get to the bottom of Smiley Happy

109 REPLIES 109
Community Manager

Now that you mention this, I've seen this happen a couple times. I'm so sorry that your uncle experienced this. Yes, the payment timeline does seem to vary depending on how many transactions have been completed. That being said, it seems like payouts are taking longer than expected, which is something I'm trying to get to the bottom of Smiley Happy

Community Helper
He's not upset about it. He was just concerned because of the harrassment by the seller. He's not on the forums like I am so he cant voice his concerns about this type of thing happening.

Hello Admin,

I've sent several requests asking the status of my payment. My item was delivered over a week ago, and my payment is still pending. No one has responded to my questions, so I'm posting here in hope of getting someone's attention (it seems to have worked for others with similar issues). My transaction number is 1246729. 

Thank you.

Level 1

Why is offer up asking for my social security number, WTF,

Community Helper
@Cheapoarea usually that means that your name on offerup and the name on your bank are different. Offerup just wants to verify that you are the person with that bank account.
Community Helper
@milleran17 they are busy at Offerup support because of all the claims and refunds they have. I'm sure @Mj_206 can see if your ticket has been escalated. However it seems to take a week and half to get the money to you. With the buyer having 2-3 days to check it out. If no claims have been made, Offerup usually takes 5 to 7 days to deposit the money. 2 days roughly depending on your bank.
Level 1

I am still confuse, i input my bank information and offer up is asking for my SSN, who can i talk to directly so that they can explain this issue and fix it, can offer up send me a fregging check instead, i am getting mad at the this app. Please advise or fix this issue

Community Helper
You can email support https://offerup.com/support/new
Offerup doesnt do checks. Please read what I posted to help you out. Your username on offerup and the name on your bank account probably dont match. It's a common thing.
Level 1
Yeah I tried not to hound my buyer as I know it has nothing to do with him. However, I sold a switch and shipped it. It was received over 10 days ago at this point, about 7 buiness days. My payment is still on pending (give the buyer time to check the item lol he's been playing it for almost two weeks at this point). Meanwhile, I sold a Google home mini on the 18th, shipped it same day (just like I did with the switch) and the money was in my account 3 days later. Makes no sense.
Tags (1)