Shipping and getting paid

SOLVED
Level 5
@VeniceBeach
Never had a problem getting money from shipping.....
Sorry a few bad situations (generally found to be the result of bad people) cause problems for good OfferUp participating people or clients.
Clearly if a theft of property occurred there is an avenue for a police report and resolution.
I do hope all gets resolved for you!
Happy $ale$ 💲💲💲💲💲
Level 5
@Dbravo7
Tracking Package?
Deleting a profile means nothing really. It's in history somewhere for certain. If you are really concerned, send the police to package destination 🤣🤣
Bet they'd get a kick out of that!
Level 4
@KillerCloset brief research of those complaining or expressing concern over not receiving their money found some who paid for purchase and were awaiting a refund to have difficulty with the system, as well. Seems a bit odd in order to get their money back it would require a police report but maybe that’s the best way? If so, since there is no direct telephone number or address listed on the site, it would be great if there was a page denoting that fact for those in need. Then they wouldn’t need to leave messages in the community forum seeking guidance and assistance.

As for me, since filing a police report is the way to manage such issues, I’ll continue to opt for direct purchases. Less headache and no guessing games after the fact. Thanks for the update.
Community Helper
Yes, you are correct...
@VeniceBeach
Hence, the @ (with the correct username),will prompt the user to reply--to your personally directed response, in a timely matter.
Warm Regards & Take Care! Smiley Wink
Level 1
Lol wait there is a first time for everything it's not the buyer you have to fight to get ur money its offer up if you haven't had to fight for payment just wait u will took alot of sales before I started having problems
Level 4
@MemphisJudy, this is exactly what I am concerned about. One time is one time too many.
Level 1
It is touchy because I have bought things shipped through offer up before and the took my payment right away but when I shipped something recently it was 8 days ago and I still have not been paid. The buyer I guess has 2 days to be sure the item works then offer up says you will be paid within 5 business days. If I knew it would possibly be 2 weeks before I got paid I would not have chosen to ship the item.
Level 4
@76littlematt, 😳 - it’s been 2 weeks and there’s no payment? Have you found a customer service number to find out the status of your funds? To say I find this nothing short of shocking is an understatement. Things happen but it’s hard to understand why it would take so long where it can be verified the transaction was executed successfully. I don’t get it. 😯
Community Helper
@VeniceBeach there is no number for people to call.

@76littlematt if this is your first time shipping it does take a while for you to get paid. It also varies from what we've seen.
Level 4
@aidenholley in @76littlematt original post, he said the process has become slower and that he’s been happy until this time because his payments used to arrive much sooner.

You say there is no customer service number. So, in the event of a glitch/problem, one just waits in hope everything will be okay?

The idea someone ships their merchandise and still has not received their money after so long seems unusual. Individuals would do better to process their own credit transactions.