Shipping and getting paid

SOLVED
This is why I like shipping through the app itself. The label is sent and I understand the fees associated. PayPal seems to Hold funds and keeps it pending for about 5days after the item is received. Then takes another 3days to transfer. The OfferUp app sends me notifications when the item has been paid for, sends me the label and lets me know when it was received and then says it’s releasing my money.

If someone wants to pick the item up and doesn’t want to use cash, I use Venmo by PayPal so they can send the money instantly after being verified.
Level 1
I'm glad you brought this topic up...I have a potential out of state buyer and I have not yet checked into whatever is involved with that process. Now I know to be prepared for hiccups. Next I have some reading to do in order to be properly equipped before deciding if I wish to allow shipping as an option.
Thank you,
Abby
Level 1
What is the anticipated payment timeline? Also if there are issues who gets involved? Does it rest between the buyer and sellers or should we always inlist support from OfferUp?
Level 1

Huh???SOC??? When is that necessary? Why would this be???
Or is it?

Community Helper
@Abby1427 it varies for payment with shipping. However, typically you ship it with the shipping label provided. Then it gets delivered in a few days. The buyer has 3 to 5 days to check it out. If no claims were made, you should have your money between 5 to 7 business days. That's how the timeline goes. Again, it seems to be varied. I know Offerup is working on getting things settled. Offerup would get involved. It wouldn't rest between buyer and seller.
Level 1
Hey....hi5 on the fast reply...
Level 3
I had to have patience for my initial deposit on my first sale. I did not mind as I knew the purchase was paid for by the seller and all was recorded for our (seller & buyers) protection. In the interim my friend got burned accepting direct payment from someone with a fraudulent bank check. Patience will be my guarantee!! Happy Selling and Good Luck!
Neighbor
I’m having the same problem with two shipments. You won’t get paid, sucks but their system is a scam Smiley Sad I’m out my money til and I’ve put in 6 tickets
Neighbor
It’s been 2 weeks and offer up hasn’t paid me and won’t return my emails. It’s a scam
Community Helper
@Karen6685 if you use other methods to get paid, you are leaving yourself and the buyer without any protections. I would suggest keeping everything in app. The timeline seems varied and I am sorry that you are having this issue. I would have patience if I were you. I would also recommend only opening 1 ticket for a single issue moving forward. Offerup support works on them as they get them.