Shipping and getting paid

SOLVED
Level 9

@Rodizzle  If you go outside of the OfferUp app to send your stuff then it’s on you. Best to stay in the app.

Community Helper
Essentially, you did just give your item away. Offerup has these policies in place for a reason. There is a reason why they send you a shipping label. It's because the buyer already paid shipping when they made the offer and submitted payment.
Not at all professional in your response and community or not when the company won’t respond then where else would you want post to be, here monitored or on social media where btw your app is getting trashed. TG I read first! Made a sale then immediately asked for my ssn...smh and kma
Level 9

There is no reason for anyone to ask for that info. I would just report it then block them. Just saying.

Level 1

ID transaction is 2263392

why have I not received my money? Please help me!, it’s been weeks!!!!

Community Helper
Have you contacted support yet? As I stated in the original post, the amount of time it takes to get paid seems to be varied.

@Lil17 wrote:

ID transaction is 2263392

why have I not received my money? Please help me!, it’s been weeks!!!!

It sounds like this is your FIRST shipped transacton on OU? If so, the average consensus seems to be 30 days (from the time the buyer receives the item) for the buyer to get paid on the initial shipped transaction (you can search the forums).

If you want to make contact with the shipping division, goto offerup.com (the site), login, and copy/paste the below link. You can choose the "when will I get paid" option, enter the transaction id, and write your inquiry with details.

https://offerup.com/ask/shipping-contact/?article_id=1000062471

Level 1
Over the past few months I've done very well with offer up couldn't have been more pleased with this app I would ship something and on day 2 with fast deposit enabled i just couldn't see why there are so many people with issues of getting paid , well April 1 i sold and shipped a item and the buyer received the item in ca on Monday the 8th which there was a problem at the post office that caused a delay but never the less I was told I would be paid with the hour and this was on Friday will today is Tuesday and It still stays pending could someone shed some light on this issue is it on the buyers end which I have said nothing to sense shipping the item nor will I or something I did which I have done all my transactions the same and have had excellent results somebody ,anybody tell me something
Community Helper
@Lebo187
Would you mind shedding some light on what caused the Post Office delay in the first place... who told you that you would be paid within the hour? Never heard this before...
Level 9
It arrived on the 8th, it is the 10th. The buyer has 3 days to review.
In the past they were paying us sometimes before it was even scanned. That is not the norm. You would never be told anything would happen within the hour. The process could take a full week after delivery.