Shipping and getting paid

SOLVED
Neighbor
When an offer is accepted and a shipping label is sent. Does the shipping label come with prepaid shipping or do I need to pay the shipping and wait for reimbursement?

Thank you for the help
Community Helper
Shipping label provided by Offerup is prepaid. The buyer paid for the shipping.
Community Helper
Appreciate that @KillerCloset! 😉
Level 5

Sold another item that has been available for 60 days.  

Thank you OfferUp and Shipping!!! 

Yippee Skippey !!!

This seems really strange to me. “ I send an item to a buyer, then wait to get paid”!!!!!!!????????
Tons of potential to get ripped off

@13butch06 wrote:
This seems really strange to me. “ I send an item to a buyer, then wait to get paid”!!!!!!!????????
Tons of potential to get ripped off

@13butch06 

When shipping, the buyer's funds are HELD by OfferUp in an escrow account, so by the time you are issued the shipping label, the buyer's payment is in OU's hands.

Majority of the "not getting paid" complaints is based on the fact that the money transfer from OU's payment processor to the seller takes too long (mainly for the  the FIRST shipped transaction).

Level 1
I’m in the same boat. I have shipped and the seller has received his item and happy. Why is my payment being delayed. I would have never have shipped and may never use this service again. Not happy
I am new to the platform. I had a user message me with an offer. I told them this was agreeable. What is the next step? I can’t figure out how to sell the item to that person.
Community Helper
Is it local or shipped? If local set up a meeting time and place and exchange money for the item. If shipped, accept the offer and ship the item.
I understand sometimes it can get backed up but this was been well over two or three months ago that I shipped it and it and it got delivered and it says that they are received my payment but I have not I think two or three months is a little ridiculous to have to wait on your money