Shipping and getting paid

SOLVED
Level 1
28m ago
I sold an item out of city, the customer paid for shipping and everything.
This morning I checked the messages of the buyer to track how far along the item is, from Cali to Atlanta by the way, and the buyer deleted there profile.

Will I still get my money? Dont they have to let offer up that the package got there to them?
Level 4
Agree with you completely and given the fact that customer support is nonexistent, exclusive of email (which is sketchy), I am not clear why anyone would risk shipping without knowing for certain when payment is coming. If Offerup can’t respond to messages in a timely manner, I certainly wouldn’t trust getting money in a timely manner and would expect inconsistency across the board. It may not be ‘nice’ to say but just seems it’s how the brand operates. Why would it take so long to respond or receive YOUR funds? And if it’s a staffing issue, then the better thing to do is to allow people to ship their own items without any interference and exclusive of offerup. I see another thread where a customer is looking to get her money back and is posting on this forum in order to get an answer on how to do that. She is ‘hoping’ and the seller sounds equally confused and Offerup has apparently been no help. So, why is Offerup inserting itself into a transaction it cannot manage?
Level 4
Holy cow! Now, that is shocking and completely unacceptable. Sorry you were put into such a predicament.
Level 4
3 weeks for a payment for an item that you can verify it was received??? Where is the protection for the seller? Sounds like people are better off just using PayPal for the protection plan. At least you have a bit more control then hoping someone is going to give you your money.
Level 4
Exactly. I can’t believe the answer to the question about be to have you leave the app to TRY and get a response. They have your money and you should be at the top of their communication list!
Community Helper
To reiterate past posts regarding money holding, and per TOS...
Stripe is OfferUps' Payment Processor. All OU funds are held in an escrow account, until released upon satisfaction with their availability, and verifications that everything is copacetic on ALL ends. Ciao´ for now...
Level 4
It seems the easiest way to make sure there are no issues giving people their money on the backend is to make sure OU has all the info they need on the front end. People want and have a right to expect their money will be provided to them in a timely manner. It is not acceptable not cool to have to chase money on the backend because suddenly the app is saying it needs additional data or there isn’t enough staffing to handle a matter. That so many are having the same issue indicates something is amiss. One should not blame the people who simply want to know when they will receive their money.
Community Helper
Opinions are always welcome...
@VeniceBeach
Any responses would be best addressed, if members are aware, whom, you are addressing. Please add @ to the username, so the thread may be answered in a timely matter. Appreciate the feedback and GLTU Ciao´ for now. Smiley Wink
Level 4
@remebrance...hmm, so hitting reply to a post does not provide a response to the post being commented on? 😳 if not, thanks for letting me know. That’s such a basic provision of forums it would never have crossed my mind to have to include the @ of the person being responded to.
Tags (1)
Community Helper
Unfortunately it doesnt. You have to tag the person you're replying to otherwise its confusing.