Someone stole my pictures for an item

SOLVED
I found an account that was just made with no ratings and they have posted pictures of MY dining table that i was selling. I message the picture acting like I wanted to buy it and they said "When will you like to pick up" and that's when I said "well how do I pick up if the table is in my kitchen" I should have asked for the location but I ended it there. I keep thinking what is this person's intentions? What happens when someone shows up for this dining table "they have"? Ugh gives me the shivers. I reported this person and hopefully they get there profile taking down before someone else messages then about wanting to buy the item. Everyone please stay safe!

P.S I posted screenshots of this person in my profile page if anyone wants to look at it.
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OfferUp employee

@xxlovekittyxx Thank you so much for letting me know. You did the right thing reporting this user. When our Customer Care team receives these reports, they will investigate the reported member. This is why we can't stress enough how important it is to check profiles for photos, ratings, a TruYou membership, and things like that. You did the right thing! Feel free to DM me whenever you'd like or if you have any questions. 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
OfferUp employee

@xxlovekittyxx Thank you so much for letting me know. You did the right thing reporting this user. When our Customer Care team receives these reports, they will investigate the reported member. This is why we can't stress enough how important it is to check profiles for photos, ratings, a TruYou membership, and things like that. You did the right thing! Feel free to DM me whenever you'd like or if you have any questions. 

View solution in original post

Level 1

Congratulations

Thank you so much!
Do you really have to be sarcastic ?
This site like many use people and fake accounts and use peoples profiles to reply and make it seem like people are interested and to keep you thinking people are always looking and wanting to buy. I know people who do this and get paid by sites including this one. Nothing will happen to anyone in cases like this. Its all to keep people thinking people are interested. I've had people tell me I'm coming right now. And never any responses or never hear anything again and they have no product on there profiles. I've talked to a lot of people I've met off here and they tell me the same thing's. People always saying I'm on my way or I'm on my way and never show up or message again.
OfferUp employee

Hey @57frwmyke, that's definitely not something we are doing. It sounds like you are running into people who just aren't responding back to you. Flakes are something we are looking to fix. Would love it if you had any advice about what you would like to see as an option to help fix that issue. 

I think after 2 ban them

Level 1
I am having the same issue with a seller using my pictures to pass off as his own items to scam people. I have reported the seller multiple times but he won’t stop and OfferUp has done nothing about it!

And it happens all the time on other selling platforms as well. Or people use stock photos of a NEW item and not THEIR item. Photos get stolen all the time, which is why they use watermarks on some sites. Some sellers place their business card in the photo as well, or a signature prop, something like a figurine, etc. It happens everywhere all the time. It is unfortunate and frustrating. Stay diigent in reporting!