Suggestions for improving this app (Sorry if these are repeats)

Level 1

1) Have an option to only allow people who are members of TruYou be able to send you a msg and/or look at your merchandise. 

2) TruYou members should have a discounted rate for promoting items and/or have their listings be ahead of non-TruYou members...work it into the algorithm like Airbnb. 

3) Incentivize people to join TruYou by offering....10 free promotions when you sign up or something.

Have an easier way to block someone by just hitting "block user" option instead of having to explain yourself. yeah, I understand the company needs as much info as possible before making any bigger moves, but this enhances the users experience.

About an hour ago I had a convo with a buyer for my lcd monitor. I'd post up screenshots, but that's not allowed on this forum.

Buyer: I'm interested. (now I'm thinking..ok....is this dude going to offer up or is this is that type of negotiating tactic taking place)

Me: when would you like to meet and buy it?

Buyer: I'm interested, but not paying 100 for it. (still hasn't offered...definitely negotiating tactic)

Me: This isn't your first time, make me an offer since you're the buyer.

Buyer: I never made an offer...wtf

At this point I explain to him that I didn't say that he made me an offer. As the buyer, he should make the offer first since I already have a set price on the item. I'm not in the sales industry for good reason...I don't want to deal with people like this. Anyway, I blocked him, but I had to write a narrative to do so. Please, just give us a button we can push to block users without having to jump through hoops.

On a positive note, ONE user was right to the point about a pressure washer I was selling. 

Basically it went like this:

"Will you take 100 for it and does it run?"

"Yes." 

then boom set up a meeting place....gave me 100 in cash....he even let me vent about an user just before him who dirtbagged me.

Long story short....this other user had me drive 40 minutes to meet at a gas station...once I arrive, first he plays dumb on chat by saying something like he doesn't know what I'm talking about(that gives him a way out if someone complains about him...he can just say "oh, the communication wasn't clear sorry" and he will continute to use the app with no penalty towards him) then he says oh...my place is maybe only 15 minutes away from where you are..I'll give you $10 in gas money to deliver it to me. yeah....!@#$ that guy. It's obvious what he did and I even called him out and he never denied it. I took screenshots and sent it to customer care....but the responses from customer care makes me question if they even opened up the link that contained all the images. Cut and paste job. The screenshots show crystal clear that he knew exactly what he was doing and I guarentee he has done it to other people and it worked. He put's ppl in a bind and hey....it's only an xtra 15 minute drive and he pays for gas.. He can claim language barrier and get off scott free; the crappier part is everything is in writing and clearly shows he was playing that game.

I even replied to the cut and paste email asking what specific penalties are set in place for users who abuse the system....and guess what reply I got....the exact same cut and paste email I responded to, but with a different name it was sent from...LOL

Anyway....maybe this company has only been around for a couple of years so it's normal to have growing pains. 

Just a small backround...I've worked customer service (let's be real..it's one of the crappiest industries to work in) during high school 1998 up until 2003. Kudo's to you guys for putting up with all of our crap. It's good to be on this side of the fence...you can really speak your mind....very freeing. 

12 REPLIES 12
Community Manager

I'm definitely a fan of those first 3 feature requests!! I went ahead and passed this feedback on, and it has been well received so far Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Level 3
I have known several people that straight quit this app because of all the bots and trolls etc. I'm sure the company is well aware it's ruining the user experience to the point they give up or become rude. I doubt that you guys are making millions selling bumps, likely making way more on ads. So check it out. Do what truyou was supposed to do. Create a premium user option. Make it cost a dollar, a nickel, whatever. Something arbitrary. Keep the adds to get paid, im okay with that. But premium users should have their imei numbers or something tagged so they can't switch Google accounts and make unlimited trolling profiles. So now you have a unique cc number and unique imei ensuring that the account is genuinely human and not readily expendable. Then let me activate a setting that let's me ONLY see, hear, and interact with other premium users. You can incentivize it with a free bump a week or something so naysayers cant say it ads no value. Personally I would LOVE to go back to assuming users weren't just wasting my time. I mean honestly guys. A solid 80% of respondents fail to follow through even when your completely agreeable to whatever requests they make. By all means, please monitor my account and chart some statistics. The apps legitimacy is dropping like a stone compared to a year ago. I really don't want to see it loose its viability.
Level 9
I'm not TruYou so I can't speak to that.

But these points seem fair.

Although, you are limiting yourself a bit by accepting only TruYou

I rarely come across one in my area.

"Have an easier way to block someone by just hitting "block user" option instead of having to explain yourself. yeah, I understand the company needs as much info as possible before making any bigger moves, but this enhances the users experience."

This isn't that hard to do to be honest.

Also, it's good to give a reason simply based on the fact that it may get a users account monitored for say, inappropriate behavior.

Just blocking defeats the purpose of cleaning the site from bad business people.
Community Manager

Hey there, @Tulare (that rhymes!)

This is incredibly helpful feedback for us. I think you have some great ideas here!! Smiley Happy

Level 9

Im not truyou and im pretty sure all my customers have been very happy dealing with me,,,,,,,,as far as customers ,,,,,,,i have only had two out of about 30 that were truyou,,,,,,,and i would say right at 90 percent of the people i have dealt with follow through with the deal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have had no one not show up at a meetup,,,,,,,,,when i do get a ,,,,,,,,,no show,,,,,,,,,,,i will be thinking,,,,,,,,,my bad,,,,,,,,,i should have had better communication,,,,,,,,,,, I  have only been using the app for about three months and only sold a  about 30 items,,,,,,,im a pretty casual seller ,,,,,but i think a person can get out of offerup what they put into it,,,,,a more serious seller can do well i think.,,,,,offerup being so simple to use,,and people being as liberal as they are now days,,,,,,its just expected that you will run into flakey people,,,,,,,,its part of doing business ,,,,,,everyone is a buyer,,,,all types of people,,,,,,,,a seller needs to learn to deal with people from all walks of life in order to be good at it,,,,especialy with an app like offerup.,,,,,,,,,again i gotta say,,,,,,,,Offerup works great for local sales,,,,,,I have been buying and selling all my life , over fifty years ,,and no matter where you are , you will run into flakey people,,,,,get used to it,,,,,its part of life.

Level 3
Hi Smiley Happy I'm sorry but This thread is for suggested improvements and you don't seem to have provided any 🤗 I'm glad your such a slick salesman, I'm fairly surprised only 2 out of 30 of your did truyou verification, however if you take a closer look sir I wasn't actually advocating truyou what I had suggested was to fulfill their "intended function" in a different way...remind me, what's a goblin? Isn't that like a troll but smaller? Lol just kidding. Honestly though. What idea exactly are you contributing?
Level 9
@Tulare

"what's a goblin? Isn't that like a troll but smaller"

I was not responding to you directly so I'm unsure why your comment was aimed at me.

Read your reply just now actually.
Level 9

@Tulare wrote:
. So now you have a unique cc number and unique imei ensuring that the account is genuinely human and not readily expendable. Then let me activate a setting that let's me ONLY see, hear, and interact with other premium users. 
Tags (1)
Level 9
TruYou accounts should have the ability to toggle between TruYou users and all, if there's a demand for it.

They took the extra steps to become verified and it would be great if they were rewarded with this feature.