The Commune-No topics allowed!

SOLVED
Level 9

@L11 we are a lot alike. Thankful to be alive. My family is from Oklahoma, even though I was raised near downtown LA. I always said I was an Okey raised in LA. I often wonder if I might not be at least partly a redneck! Besides a redneck is mearly a glorious absence of soffistication. It can be full time or part time! We all have been guilty of it at some time in our life. While you claim to not be young, you definitely sound young at heart. I feel that wisdom gained through life's tribulations is truly wisdom worth sharing. Looking forward to hearing more of yours my friend! Mayonnaise: mayonnaise a lot of people here today!

Level 9

@Jones68 been racking my brain trying to come up with something to talk about on this no topic thread, that won't get us chastised or yelled at! Talking about cars is old, carebears ain't happening, cooking, well you know. Got any ideas?

Level 9

I can complain about something! LOL! Kids were playing ball out front and the broke the top glass of our screen door. I took the frame to the Hard ware store to see how much it would cost to put in new glass. 80 bucks! WHAT! I can buy a brand new door for 140 bucks. Going out today for a new door. It’ll take about a hour to put in. I think it’s a ripoff. 80 bucks! 

Level 9

@Woodguychris  80 Bucks! That’s crazy. The guy was a ahole. Told him I could get a new door for a little more. He said, Well! Go buy a new door. He’ll never get any of my business. I’m only one person but he’ll never see any of my money. 

Level 9

@Jones68 how much for the piece of glass? And can you just replace the glass yourself? I have a glass cutting table in my shop for just this sort of things. Another option is acrylic, it looks and acts just like glass, but is cutable with a saw and not as fragile. Its also less expensive. You can get glass and acrylic cut to size at home depot!

Level 9

It’s the safety glass like in your car. Real thin too. Home Depot doesn’t sell it and the plastic glass is to thick. The hardware store will sell it to you for 65 bucks. We need a new screen door anyway. The door is 25 years old. It lasted a long time. It’s a cheap door. The new one is a lot better. I’ll but it in after the football game. But! @Woodguychris   80 bucks! They are over priced for a 24 inch by 25 inch glass. 

Level 9

@Jones68 they think this stuff is gold or something! I keep the glass out of all the windows that I replace or demo. I also keep that tempered glass from a bunch of display cases from stores I remodeled. Someday I'll find a use for it, or I'll build a greenhouse with it. Built a few green houses over time and I like using glass from old sliding doors to do them. Glass is a great commodity to have!

Level 9

@Jones68 you know I once build some shelves for a lady and needed some glass cut and tempered. The pieces were 4" x 24" x 1/4" and cost $40 each! Ouch!

Level 9

@Woodguychris  I know, I think I need to get into the glass business! Want to partner up? LOL!

Level 9

@Jones68 why the %@#$ not. Can't dance!