This needs attention ASAP

SOLVED
Level 1
There is a seller who is willingly and and admitted my scamming people with CashApp over digital game codes. I have a copy of the abusive conversation he had with me. I keep trying to post a scam alert about the item but it keeps getting taken down. Am I able to post pics somehow?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@ih181--Hello, I wouldn't recommend posting the pictures/images because most likely they would be removed as well. I would encourage you to reach out to customer support & report the person so they can investigate, ban, &/or suspend the account. Thanks so much for your help!!

Tweet @OfferUpSupport

Or

https://offerup.com/support/new
16 REPLIES 16
Community Helper
@ih181--Hello, I wouldn't recommend posting the pictures/images because most likely they would be removed as well. I would encourage you to reach out to customer support & report the person so they can investigate, ban, &/or suspend the account. Thanks so much for your help!!

Tweet @OfferUpSupport

Or

https://offerup.com/support/new

@ih181 wrote:
There is a seller who is willingly and and admitted my scamming people with CashApp over digital game codes. I have a copy of the abusive conversation he had with me. I keep trying to post a scam alert about the item but it keeps getting taken down. Am I able to post pics somehow?

@ih181  Posting images/outside linke are not allowed within the forum. You may want to make contact with CashApp since you have proof of the scam. This scammer will just create another OfferUp account and continue, but it's not as easy to create another CashApp or alternative -payment acct.

Level 1
There’s more than one scammer on here different situation though but still total bs. I thought I was purchasing a rupes polisher seller wanted payment through PayPal I was dumb enough to fall for it get this was told he shipped the item yet no tracking number I kept contacting him a few days later he tells me the fedex truck crashed that I would get a refund nope never happened had to contact PayPal for an investigation still waiting, it gets better the very same rupes polisher is back up for sale today on OfferUp lol what a joke!
Level 1
How do I connect with customer support directly? I have tapped every single icon on this app and can't seem to do so. I need help blocking a user and it won't allow me to. The screen keeps coming up with the message to try again. I've been trying for the past two days. I really need to block this individual. Thank you for your support.
Highlighted
Level 1
This is a repeated issue. I am now having a similar issue. Buyer is harrasing me/ being inappropriate. I stopped messaging, so as to not insight a reply. I have several stress onset chronic diseases. If they continue to message me without my reply I WILL be filing a police report. I shouldn't have to 'Try Again' to Block a User for my personal health. That alone makes me feel unsafe.

Might as well be a part of "Me Too" movement from my perspective.

This 'Try Again' to Block is not okay! OFFERUP needs to pay immediate attention to this issue if they really want users to "feel safe."
To the OP: And they will just create a new account and do the same stuff because OfferUp does not follow up on stuff like that. It’s too much work for them or something. I’m not sure exactly but I do know they really don’t care. I can show you. I have plenty of stuff I reported and saved the messages on and nothing was ever done. These people are still very active in the community even after their conversation criminal activity was continuously reported. They do not care trust me.
OP: I’m so sorry you’re going thru that. They allow many many criminals to interact and sell stolen stuff here. They don’t stop it because they bring in money for them. Greed at its finest. OfferUp won’t do anything they don’t care unfortunately.
Community Manager

@LadyRantsAlot there are many things that OfferUp does for Trust & Safety.

Level 1
Yes I posted something at around midnight and right away I get this guy saying I will buy it for you and and pay you an extra $50 so you can ship it and pay you an extra $50 for your hassle then on the day that I was going to ship he said can you take cash app but I said no I don’t know about that he told me to download the cash app and then I do and he says OK I’ll send you $400 then the cash app tells me I can only have $600 to start or something like that. I never heard of them I am I’m new to that so so that guy tells me OK I’ll send you $200 more and then you can ship it but you have to bout a google pay card and send me the $200 dollars and then he said ok it’s done. I sent you an extra $200 I said I don’t see it. He said yes it’s there. Are you trying to steal my money. I said no I don’t see the $600 only $400. He kept texting and telling me to call him. Until I finally said: I know what you are trying to do I’m not going to let you steal my money and you better stop texting me. He said no I’m not doing that. I had to block him.