This needs attention ASAP

SOLVED
Level 1
Be very careful I have eBay account also and I am selling some items there so I get this guy who says that he is a sergeant and he is in the army and he wants me to sell him something that I was selling A mini Chinese tea set for $49. I get a message that said you an offer from a buyer it said I would like to offer you $119 would you accept? It was my first eBay sale so I was exited and accepted the offer. Next I get a message that said please contact me at this number. I did text the number and it said could you also buy a $500 gift card and put it inside with the box because it’s a gift for my niece I said OK you have to send me the money he said go to the store and see if they have a $500 card and I said they should have it and he said no I need you to go I said OK I’ll go right now and then I’m there take a picture and there I put the picture he says OK buy the card and I said no I will not buy the card until you send me the money. I need you to send me the $500 plus a $150 for the item that I’m shipping and he said I already sent and I went to see the PayPal account I there’s nothing recent. there’s no money there. he said I already sent it you need to buy the card and send it with my package and I said no I don’t see it and he or her kept on telling me I sent you the money don’t try to scam me I’ll send you to jail you don’t rip a sergeant in the army and you’re going to pay for this for the rest of your life you’re going to rot in jail so you better send me what you owe me. Send the package I’m asking you because I already sent you the money. I’m not dumb I called eBay and tell them what was going on and they said no, it’s a scam don’t comunícate with that buyer thank you for reporting it. Please pay attention to that type of requests. It’s incredible how can this people steal from moms dads or anyone trying to make a dollar? I’m soo disappointed with all the crooks trying to scam and rob sellers who are just trying to make a few dollars. Be careful Stay safe good luck to all of you.
Level 1
This happened to my daughter when selling her Mac- luckily it sounded 'too good to be true'. Almost identical, and sad to say, someone will fall for it. The authorities could get involved...

Level 9

@Terrefirma @AmoreValdez these are more example of why you should never leave the OU app, or give out personal information. Also never respond to someone who wants you to contact them outside the app.

Highlighted
Level 1
None of that info addresses the concern about blocking constant try failing.
Level 1
As the old saying goes “No ticky, no washy.” NEVER pay for something outside of OfferUp that is supposed to be sold and shipped within the app.
Level 9
AmoreValdes it's sounds to good to be true , red flag someone offering you way much more then what you're asking for.
Second red flag asking you to send him $ 500.00 dollars gift card. people unbelievable , guy needed to come up with something better then death, he's a lousy scammer It was very smart of you to call EBay .
Tags (1)
Level 3
So explain (in detail) how Offer Up should go about handling this. Why does everybody want to point fingers and blame everybody else for **bleep**. Some piece of **bleep** tries to rip you off and somehow that's Offer Up's fault? Yet you still continue to use this website. I'm not trying to be mean but ya'll need to crawl out of this bubble ya'll are living in. There are sorry **bleep** people out there everywhere. Let's start pointing fingers at THEM and not what website they used to commit their crimes or what "weapon" they used.