Too many losers - I’m out.

SOLVED
CWS
Level 1
I get nothing but offers from losers and idiots offering me less than half my asking price, playing 21 questions and then never following through, people offering to trade me drugs, fake designer clothing, and just plain junk / garbage that has no real value.

So, I’m out. These apps attract way too many lowlifes, deadbeats, and losers. There’s no one here actually interested in buying things, they just want to troll around for free stuff, and throw out ridiculous lowball offers on things they would never normally buy - because they can.

Goodbye, OfferUp. You’re honestly trash.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Helper
sometimes people start their offer at half of sellers prices, don’t let that get you upset we’ve all experience that before, some buyers try to shock the sellers into a lower price just part of their negotiate tactics. I ether just counter there offers or decline being polite saying no thanks, my posts are all firm prices because people will still make offers through ask question option. but I’ve found it cuts down on lowball offers. and people usually make better offers that way. then again you do get the trolls as well out for just personal information, yes I do get my fair share of trade offers I usually have a look what they have to trade. I’ve got some really great deals that way, if there’s nothing you want or you don’t want to do trades, just say sorry I don’t trade but thanks for the offer or I don’t see anything I can use but thanks for the offer, for me it’s no big deal. if your getting people trying to trade you anything against OfferUp guidelines please report the person so the OfferUp team can investigate and take appropriate action. you will get flaky people on all the app, but if we all try and pay attention to trolls and flakes by reporting as many as we can, it’s just going to make OfferUp a better experience for all of us.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
I'm sorry u feel that way but that's your opinion they might feel that way towards you also so have a nice da
Level 1
Well I don't think everyone is a loser or a low life or can't afford to buy things that normally would not be able to its called offer up for a reason right but all u got to do is ask if there ready to meet so they can see the product as well but if u feel comfortable with a offer thir giving you all u got to say let's meet up and they start asking all these questions well I don't get paid till bla bla just know there pretty much b's u and to be safe always meet up during the day if u can at yr nearest police station or in front of a store where there is a lot of ppl around
Highlighted
Community Helper
sometimes people start their offer at half of sellers prices, don’t let that get you upset we’ve all experience that before, some buyers try to shock the sellers into a lower price just part of their negotiate tactics. I ether just counter there offers or decline being polite saying no thanks, my posts are all firm prices because people will still make offers through ask question option. but I’ve found it cuts down on lowball offers. and people usually make better offers that way. then again you do get the trolls as well out for just personal information, yes I do get my fair share of trade offers I usually have a look what they have to trade. I’ve got some really great deals that way, if there’s nothing you want or you don’t want to do trades, just say sorry I don’t trade but thanks for the offer or I don’t see anything I can use but thanks for the offer, for me it’s no big deal. if your getting people trying to trade you anything against OfferUp guidelines please report the person so the OfferUp team can investigate and take appropriate action. you will get flaky people on all the app, but if we all try and pay attention to trolls and flakes by reporting as many as we can, it’s just going to make OfferUp a better experience for all of us.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Anyone else reading.

Don't play 20 questions.

Make your post as descriptive as possible.

If they ask, say all the info is in the ad and to get back to you when they're ready to buy.
Level 5
@CWS understand your fraustration. However, I do not agree that it's OFFERUP fault. They deal with our complaints. Very nice people have contacted me to find out about my issues. Offerup cares about our issues. Don't leave the lowballers, losers do not OWN. Offerup. If any one should forget and leave are those lowlifers. NOT YOU.
Level 1

Will have to agree with you. 90% of messages are from JA's. People clearly don't read the description of the item. Ask redundant questions. Why not read the description? Oh wait I forgot, they don't teach this stuff in school anymore.

It's a shame we as a society have come to this.

Level 1
Plz help I cannot send messages
Just because OfferUp reads your complaint, doesnt mean they do anything about it....... Unless the act was criminal, or you say a naughty word, OfferUp lets many bad guys i.e. flakes, no-shows, trolls, low-ballers, dummies, get away with their sht over and over and over again.
Level 9
@CWS, 90% of time I get same issue. I ignore them at report to OU. I would not say they are losers but trying to pay less as possible. No need to get all emotional about it. Just like any sales, you are trying to capture 1% of 10% normal offers...