TruYou Verification - Special circumstance

Level 1
Hello all,

I have been apart of the OfferUp community for well over a year. I recently attempted to purchase an item using the shipping option and upon attempt, was told I would need to join TruYou. During the process - I attempted to do so by following the instructions. However; due to the fact that I am a military member, my license is expired. It is allowed to be expired, due to me being stationed out of my home state. I contacted support and was told to upload my Military ID and that would be sufficient enough. As you can tell - I was unable to successfully join TruYou. I was told by two representatives that I would be taken care of and I still haven’t been. I am unable to message anyone, place offers, reply to messages regarding my posts and things of that nature. I was hoping there would be a way to obtain some guidance or information. Has my account been flagged? Will I never be able to purchase an item that is being shipped? I’m not necessarily looking to make another account - just hoping to rectify this circumstance.

Thank you for your time.
4 REPLIES 4
Community Helper
Typically, they will manually check it. I was in the military and freshly out when I started my Offerup account. I literally only had a passport and I was able to do so with the help of customer support reps manually checking it.
Highlighted
Level 1
I appreciate it. If there is anyone that can verify that for me that’d be great. I’m just looking to speak with a representative about getting verified. Thanks!
Community Helper
Unfortunately, there's only 1 person that works for Offerup here and she's only in charge of the forums really. The rest of us are end users.
I'm trying to use the truyou to verify my driver's license but it keeps telling me that my Wi-Fi or Internet connection is bad but it's not and it keeps timing out what the F over. I have noted other people having the same problem why can't this get fixed and how do I rectify this issue