Trying to file buyer protection claim

Level 1
Sorry for the dual post. Not sure which area was more appropriate. In regards to the item, I’ve received the item and i’ve investigated it. It is not as described and therefore very much useless. OfferupSupport on twitter hasn’t gotten back to me and when trying to submit a claim through my phone, states transaction ID isn’t valid. When trying to submit through a PC, states i haven’t received the item. What can i do to guarantee i won’t be missing the time allotted in order to make a claim? This was a $350 purchase
12 REPLIES 12
Community Manager

Hey there, @bryg! How recently did you receive the item? Is it in a delivered state through the app yet? My suspicion here is that you inspected the item so quickly after receiving it, that the system hasn't quite updated yet. I'll go ahead and get your other post removed Smiley Happy

Level 1
Just messaged you too. Sorry if it feels like I’m spamming. I concluded that that was the issue at the moment: USPS hasn’t updated OfferUp or however it works. Your recommendation would be for me to wait until I receive an email by OfferUp stating the item has been delivered to then make the claim? Thank you for the quick response!
Level 1
I received it three hours ago. Doesn’t show as delivered on the app yet
Community Manager

Ah! My suspicion was right! Yeah, go ahead and give it until tomorrow to see if it is marked as delivered. That should allow you to open the ticket. If not, you can always try just submitting a regular claim here Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Level 1
Thank you for the help. Mind if I contact you again if I have any further concerns?
Community Manager

These forums are a great place to get tips and tricks, but for continued support you'll want to work with the support teams directly Smiley Happy There is a TON of helpful information here on these forums, so be sure to stick around! 

Community Member
Hi,
The same thing happened to me. My package is delivered. I inspected it and it was not authentic as stated by seller. How can I send it back and/submit buyer protection claim? Is there a way to submit it if the system doesn’t say the item was delivered?
Community Manager

Hey there, @Jennifer_Smith - does the item show as delivered in your app now? You should be able to submit a claim now!

Community Member
Hi,
It just did after 2-hour talking to USPS Smiley Sad
I submit Buyer Protection Claim. But I didn’t get any confirmation email. How long does it take to get my refund? I also reported the seller too. He/she claimed all his/her items are authentic but he/she is selling counterfeit items.