Ugh, bump

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1
Wish it would have been made clear that by paying for a bump that it won't stay on top long! My first for sale post I paid for a bump the following day. Expecting to have my item on top for at least the morning I was sadly disappointed when I went to look at my item and it was already below the top. That's $3.99 that I won't spend again, if I threw the money out my window at least I could still see it...
Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OfferUp employee

@Privetfla @RiverDweller @goblin There are differences. Each Bump puts your item at the top of browsing and search results. As new items are posted, your item will slowly move down the feed again, just like brand new items. A blog post on Bump can be found here

The Feature Promotion makes your item appear in special promotional spots within the top 50 results of search results. When a buyer searches for items or views items like yours, they see your Featured item highlighted in those promotional spots. Featured items are also rotated among the promotional spots so that every Featured item gets fair exposure. This is where you have the option to Feature your item for 3, 7, or 14 days. More info here. Let me know if you have any other questions about this. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Level 9
@RiverDweller

A bump is different than being featured.

If you go to your Offers tab you'll see a Promote option under your posted item.

Apart from bumps you have the option of be featured for X amount of days.

Pretty sure a regular bump just takes your item back to the top of the main feed.
Level 9
Bump was a total waste of money. I bumped about 15 items, did not see that they rose to the top and i didnt get one single inquiry to any of them. PLUS not to mention $3.99 each is outrageous. This bumping is overated. I spent all the money i made from my original postings on the bumps and ended up with nothing to show for it except for less money in my pocket. As i said, too expensive, waste of time and money, and totally overrated. Sorry offerup, i like you but this bumping is not working for me.
Tags (1)
Level 9
And goblin, what is the difference between bump and promotion? "A rose by any other name would still smell as (un)sweet".
OfferUp employee

@Privetfla @RiverDweller @goblin There are differences. Each Bump puts your item at the top of browsing and search results. As new items are posted, your item will slowly move down the feed again, just like brand new items. A blog post on Bump can be found here

The Feature Promotion makes your item appear in special promotional spots within the top 50 results of search results. When a buyer searches for items or views items like yours, they see your Featured item highlighted in those promotional spots. Featured items are also rotated among the promotional spots so that every Featured item gets fair exposure. This is where you have the option to Feature your item for 3, 7, or 14 days. More info here. Let me know if you have any other questions about this. 

View solution in original post

Level 9
Thank you for the great information. Now i understand the difference.
Level 9

Thank you erin

OfferUp employee

@Privetfla You are very welcome! 

Level 9
Ooopsie, sorry, i meant elin, not erin. Color me "duh, cant you spell anyone's name right!"
OfferUp employee

Smiley Happy