Was sold a broken item

Neighbor
So I bought a Graphics Card for a computer and was unable to test it during the transaction, but was informed that the card was fully functional prior to the transaction. When I tried to plug it into my computer nothing turns on is there anything I can do?
2 REPLIES 2
Community Helper
@Angelo96 Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,

Angelo96 I assume this was a face to face purchase, and you didn’t use the OfferUp shipping option with buyers protection. you said you didn’t inspect or test the item before purchasing from what you’re saying in your post. If so sorry to say at this point usually all sales are final unless the seller is willing to take it back. If you have any other questions I would recommend contact customer care from the link below.😎🇬🇧🔚

You can also contact OfferUp through Twitter at OfferUp if this option is available to you.

OfferUp Customer care
https://offerup.com/support/new/
Level 9
Like Hotrod said, not really.

Always best to find a way to test things and be sure.

Yes, most people are insulted when you ask to test something first, but like I always tell sellers "nothing against you personally, but we are strangers".

You can report the user via their profile.

Filing a police report is one course of action or tell him you will sue in small claims, although it may be more trouble than it's worth.

Since you may need to invest time and money to fight the claim.