Was sold appliances that didnt work

Highlighted
Neighbor
Was sold a washer and dryer which I paid $230 for. Was guaranteed by seller that it was like new and worked great. They even delivered it and hooked it up. The person in the picture which was a woman was not the person who dropped it off. I just thought maybe it was her husband. But small story short the washer had a leak it in which I let them no but didn't get a response back. I tried to wash a load which it filled with water then it stopped making alot of noise and was very few clothes in it plus dryer doesn't dry all the way. I was scammed out of my money and what's worse he told me I had a 30 day warranty and to contact them if anything went wrong. I let them no and seen they read my messages but no response back at all. I'm really upset I'm a single parent if 4 and used all I had for that just to be scammed out of my money not sure what to do. I reported them to offer up but have not yet heard back.
2 REPLIES 2
Got to make sure you test the item before you purchase it. Can’t trust everyone on OfferUp.
You may be able to have them repaired and still save money from having to buy a new set. I work on appliances, if you are in the Los Angeles area, I might be able to repair it for a reasonable cost.