“We found these items just for you” notifications

SOLVED
Level 1
Hi all, I was wondering if there was any way to mute the notifications of “we found these items just for you!” They’re getting pretty annoying. I love OfferUp and don’t want to miss out on any potential buyers, but is there anyway to mute them?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
Edit; Update 12/17/2018

@Jairoaptech Check for updates so you have the newest version of the app.

Changing Push notifications;

From app->My Account->Settings can be found right side->green gear icon-> next to your photo or avatar.

1 Tap Push Notifications
2 Toggles Allow Notifications
on or off options are,
3 Highlights and deals
4 Item recommendations
5 Search alerts
6 Tap Save

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Helper
Edit; Update 12/17/2018

@Jairoaptech Check for updates so you have the newest version of the app.

Changing Push notifications;

From app->My Account->Settings can be found right side->green gear icon-> next to your photo or avatar.

1 Tap Push Notifications
2 Toggles Allow Notifications
on or off options are,
3 Highlights and deals
4 Item recommendations
5 Search alerts
6 Tap Save

View solution in original post

Level 9
Like HotRod said, there is currently no way to mute specific alerts.

You'll need to mute the notification completely for the app under settings.

I disabled my notifications a while back, only check my phone during break and when I'm out of work nowadays.
Level 1
Well, I absolutely despise the stupid weekly, (and now more often) annoying messages from Offer Up.
I made the misfortunaye mistake of buying an antique sewing machine to re-sell. Now every week Offer Up lets me know of all of the great sewing items I’m missing out on.
Well, just turned off notifications again!

Stupid to begin with since we are all fully capable of searching for items we want.

If your not searching for it, maybe you don’t need it.
Level 9
Remove it from alerts and cache and there will be no more issues.

Edit: This appears to be an issue on phones that do not have any alerts set.
Level 4
Yeah, these gotta go. Every time it alerts me, I stupidly think I have a prospective buyer. The app needs the ability to opt in and out of each type of notification. Most of us only want buyer/seller message alerts.
Level 9
What do you know. Yeap the app is suggesting new listings on items that I tend to search for.

I can see how that would be annoying.
Level 4
I didn’t ask for these notifications. The app won’t allow me to turn these off. Yes, annoying. Half the items I look for is because I am doing research on fair market value for items I am trying to sell.
Level 2

I did this almost 1 year ago and I still get OfferUp Spam notifications.  I NEED A REAL FIX FOR THIS.